Grimsby A&E among 95 requiring improvement highlighted by CQC as pressure mounts on NHS
PRESSURES on the NHS are mounting with two-thirds of accident and emergency departments labelled “inadequate", it has been reported today.
It follows a review by the Care Quality Commission, which concluded emergency care was one of the poorest-performing parts of the NHS.
It cited safety as a major weakness, with 22 of 184 units rated "inadequate" and another 95 as "requiring improvement".
The government said extra money was being put into services to help.
Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby, was rated as “requiring improvement" in its last inspection... read more
- 14:25 This bride got married on the same day as Pippa Middleton – in the...
- 14:25 Community spirit in Manchester is not surprising but it is...
- 14:25 German shipping group Hapag Lloyd completes merger with Arab peer UASC
- 14:25 Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service seeks apprentices
- 14:25 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:24 Elephant walkabout trumpets play’s arrival in Northampton
- 14:24 London stock exchange commends Northampton company as one of the...
- 14:24 New presenter for 2017 LOVE Northumberland Awards
- 14:22 Manchester attack: Bomber was criminal who had 'no religion' says...
- 14:22 Northumbrians enjoy a comfortable retirement, new research suggests
- 14:22 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:22 Birmingham Pride to hold a minute's silence in memory of Manchester...
- 14:19 These are the rare coins that could make you richer
- 14:22 Doncaster man scoops top prize with best garden gold at Chelsea...
- 14:22 Manchester attack: Reaction from Berwick candidates
- 14:22 UKIP to restart the election campaign and launch its manifesto
- 14:22 Record breaking wildlife walk
- 14:19 What you need to know about shocking sex trend called "stealthing"
- 14:22 Finnish court clears two Iraqi men of mass killing charge
- 14:22 Wiganers flock to get tattoos for Manchester victims
- 14:22 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:18 School cancels trip after attack
- 14:17 Could walnuts and olive oil prevent food poisoning? Omega-3 fatty...
- 14:17 Wales flag emoji arrives on tablets and smartphones
- 14:17 Peter Andre forced to apologise for ill-timed tweet sent during...
- 14:17 Cannabis could have the power to help crack cocaine addicts...
- 14:17 John Terry hits back at critics over Chelsea leaving celebrations:...
- 14:17 England v South Africa LIVE updates: Follow the latest action from...
- 14:17 Arsenal ace Gedion Zelalem out for up to nine months after...
- 14:17 Arsenal youngster Marcus McGuane trains with first-team ahead of...