Greggs says sales increased in the summer as demand for healthier salads and yoghurts grows
Demand for salads and yoghurts gave high street bakery Greggs a sales boost over the summer, its latest update shows.
As the chain continues its bid to shake off its image as the home of pasties and sausage rolls, total sales climbed 5.6 per cent in the three months to 1 October 2016.
While anticipating 'cost pressures' in the coming months, Greggs said its full-year profit expectations remain unchanged.
Over the next year, Greggs plans to close between 70 and 80 stores, while opening around 140 to 150 new ones.
In its latest trading update, the company said: 'The popularity of our summer... read more
- 11:20 Illegal drug Ketamine could help ease migraine pain, doctors say
- 11:20 £323m compensation to woman who died of cancer due to Johnson &...
- 11:20 Chelsea v Watford LIVE: Premier League updates from Stamford Bridge
- 11:20 Man Utd news: Not many clubs will do what Liverpool did against us...
- 11:18 The Hull girl in the X Factor's most talked-about band - and...
- 11:18 Instagram model makes thousands by posting photos of her feet online
- 11:16 Nintendo Switch games SHOCK as major PS4 and Xbox One port update...
- 11:16 Man Utd ace Rashford and Spurs star Kane on four-man Real Madrid...
- 11:15 Czech election latest: Europe's Donald Trump set to be handed power...
- 11:14 Young man suffers life-threatening injuries in 'deliberate...
- 11:12 Things I Know To Be True is heading to Chester
- 11:11 Which Catherine Cookson drama was being filmed on Tyneside 20 years...
- 11:11 Church leaders to discuss blessings for gay couples
- 11:11 Three hospitalised after serious assault in Harrogate
- 11:11 Young man suffers life-threatening injuries in 'deliberate...
- 11:11 RuPaul Drag Race All Stars cast revealed
- 11:10 Israeli soldier fights off crowds as protesters call her a ‘wh*re’
- 11:10 Conor McGregor? I'd knock him the f**k out in boxing - Cody Gabrandt
- 11:10 Manchester United transfer news: Eight senior stars who can leave...
- 11:10 Yorkshire Laser Fabrication cuts down time to keep trams on track
- 11:08 Sellafield 'exercising extreme caution' as chemical incident continues
- 11:07 Three hospitalised after serious assault in Harrogate
- 11:07 WEEKEND WEB: Who has been before the bench?
- 11:06 Manchester United team news update on Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- 11:06 Firework safety reminder issued in Calderdale
- 11:04 Mustard is this season's colour! Get these accessories from...
- 11:04 Peter Digs a Den launch day
- 11:03 Young man suffers life-threatening injuries in 'deliberate...
- 11:03 Liverpool pushing to convince Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho to...
- 11:01 Lunch clubs for older people