Greggs sales boosted by healthier food
High Street chain Greggs has reported a rise in sales over the summer, helped by the performance of its new healthier "Balanced Choice" options.
Greggs, which has shifted from being a traditional bakery to focusing on food-on-the-go, said total sales rose by 5.6% in the 13 weeks to 1 October.
Like-for-like sales, which includes shops that have been open for more than a year, rose by 3.4%.
The company said the results were in line with expectations.
"The popularity of our summer menu including an extended range of Balanced Choice salads and yoghurts supported sales growth in... read more
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition
- 13:13 Police hunt wanted man who has Blacon links
- 13:13 Trump loyalist has her hair SET ON FIRE during ugly clash with...
- 13:13 New Moldovan President rips down EU flag as he announces closer...
- 13:13 ISIS-obsessed teens facing terror charges almost QUADRUPLE in a...
- 13:13 David de Gea: This is what I want Manchester United to achieve this...
- 13:13 Nicola Sturgeon steps up indyref2 calls after Supreme Court ruling
- 13:11 Warning over rogue rubbish removers fly-tipping in South Derbyshire
- 13:11 It Can Wait police appeal after M1 crash in November 2014 left...
- 13:11 On The Wildside
- 13:11 Duns Burns Club toast Rabbie, a cultural icon
- 13:10 Rapist Methodist minister jailed for 15 years for a string of sex...
- 13:10 Stoke City fans must give Saido Berahino a fair crack of the whip,...
- 13:09 HOW I MADE IT: Alister de Ternant
- 13:09 EasyJet shares plunge as weaker pound and rising fuel prices weigh...
- 13:09 YP Letters: Stop sneering, give President Trump a fair chance