Greek Island bans 10,000 boozy Brits for destroying its reputation
A Greek Island which has a firm favourite with many Brummies has turned away an estimated 10,000 boozy Brits in a desperate bid to crack down nuisance behaviour.
Malia, is popular with Brummies as Monarch offers direct flights to Crete, has become an established party town, with thousands of Brits heading there - many of which consume significant amounts of booze.
The town became immortalised as such in The Inbetweeners Movie, where the four young men are seen downing drinks, chasing women and engaging in some rather more unpleasant behaviour.
Pictures of semi-naked stags and hens parties... read more
- 12:05 Worksop man sentenced for role in organised theft of vans in three...
- 12:04 Tributes paid to RAC patrolman killed in collision on A617
- 12:03 Kia reveals third generation Ceed
- 12:03 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:02 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 12:02 British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- 12:02 Protesters get on their bikes against fracking
- 12:02 Bithumb: Hackers 'rob crypto-exchange of $32m'
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 12:00 Sheffield cancer survivor praises “fabulous” NHS
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 11:59 Music interview: Nile Rodgers on returning to Glasgow’s Kelvingrove...
- 11:58 Alan Sugar under fire over 'racist' Senegal World Cup team tweet
- 11:57 Bridge lighting up for MND Day
- 11:57 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:55 How to get your Netflix membership cheaper - or make it completely...
- 11:55 Spitfire flypast highlight of action-packed Armed Forces Day in...
- 11:55 Transfer latest: Update on Hartlepool United striker search
- 11:52 Motorist caught watching TV while driving on the M6
- 11:52 Brain Game charity night to return to Birmingham
- 11:52 The end of the Ricoh? Wasps searching for new stadium sponsor
- 11:51 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 11:50 Gosport hospital: more than 450 patients died due to opioid drugs...