Greek anger at Turkey border treaty remarks
Greece has reacted angrily after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan appeared to question a treaty that set borders between the two countries.
Mr Erdogan said the 1923 Treaty of Lausanne was a defeat for Turkey as it "gave away" islands to Greece.
Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos warned Turkey not to pursue "dangerous paths".
Tensions over a disputed Aegean islet in 1996 brought Greece and Turkey to the brink of war.
Since then, relations between the neighbours have eased.
Speaking in Ankara on Thursday, Mr Erdogan said the Treaty of Lausanne, which forged the... read more
- 16:39 Manchester City's big stars ended Luke Coulson's dream after 10...
- 16:37 Ayla’s first school flamenco
- 16:37 Traditional Good Friday parade to take place in South Shields
- 16:36 Let’s move to Eastbourne, East Sussex: ‘Things may be changing’
- 16:36 First non-stop flight between UK and Australia set for take-off
- 16:36 'I will not resign': Councillor's vow following disabled insult row
- 16:35 Supermarket chain makes £1.9 million investment and creates 15 new...
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes
- 16:27 How Harvey Weinstein's accusers are fighting their way back to the top
- 16:27 Clean up your skatepark - or lose it
- 16:26 Olivier Giroud reveals this major frustration since joining Chelsea...
- 16:26 Manchester United 'confident' they can land this £40m Brazil star...
- 16:26 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 16:26 Lorry drivers jailed over fatal M1 crash
- 16:26 Leeds school was on lockdown after Horsforth Town Street robbery
- 16:26 Dan Jarvis wins Labour nomination to run for Sheffield City Region...
- 16:25 EU ambassador to Moscow recalled over Russian nerve agent attack