Greater Lincolnshire devolution 'falls far short' say MPs as they urge councillors to vote it down
TWO MPs have put their party differences aside in a bid to encourage North East Lincolnshire councillors to oppose plans tonight for an elected mayor – a move likely to scupper the £450 million devolution deal.
Melanie Onn, Labour MP for Great Grimsby, and Sir Edward Leigh, Conservative MP for Gainsborough, representing places such as Market Rasen, have co-written a letter to hundreds of councillors across the county to express their "concerns" over a mayoral model for devolution.
Read more: Multi-million-pound devolution deal is 'one wrong move' away from disaster
They say a... read more
- 09:55 How to recover after being made redundant
- 09:55 Using a McDonalds drive thru could land you a £1,000 FINE and a...
- 09:55 Maiden flight of China-built amphibious aircraft set for May
- 09:55 Vietnam labels Taiwan drills on disputed island 'serious violation'
- 09:55 Former Aston Villa target is primed for a promotion push
- 09:55 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, Man United talisman Zlatan...
- 09:55 Arsene Wenger 'clear in his mind' about his Arsenal future as...
- 09:55 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:54 Holbeach mum launch £180,000 fundraising effort to improve town parks
- 09:54 Twenty-two new homes plan for Law’s Yard in Spalding
- 09:54 7 arrested by police in drugs raid on the East Marsh
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space