Great-grandmother died in surgery when doctors used wrong size implant

Great-grandmother died in surgery when doctors used wrong size implant
 

A great-grandmother died during on the operating table due to a medical blunder, an inquest heard. 
Anne Bourne, 68, was given a valve so large it was normally reserved only for large men.
Her heart had been measured three times by specialist equipment so doctors could know the right size valve, but some of the results had been input incorrectly.
 Winchester Coroners’ Court, Hampshire, heard Mrs Bourne, who has four children and four grandchildren, died during her surgery at Southampton General Hospital in June this year.
An investigation, carried out by the hospital, found the two software... read more

 
7 November 2017 in Hot News, Views: 39
Source: Metro
Share:
  •  




    News Widget for Webmasters


    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30