Great Barrier Reef: British tourist dies while scuba diving
A British tourist has become the third person this week to die on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
The 60-year-old man was scuba diving at Agincourt Reef in Far North Queensland when he was seen to be in trouble, tour operator Quicksilver said.
The tourist, a certified diver, was helped to the surface but could not be revived.
It comes after two French tourists died while snorkelling on the reef at Michaelmas Cay on Wednesday.
They are both believed to have suffered cardiac arrests.
'No regulator' Paramedics were alerted to the tragedy just after 12.30 local time (01:30 GMT) on Friday.... read more
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...
- 11:42 Delays on M53 near Chester after skip wagon sheds load
- 11:42 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:41 What is the law on smacking children in Derby as Wales moves...
- 11:41 Liverpool's 'cheeriest' homeless person has put his Christmas...
- 11:41 240,000 flock to Durham’s Lumiere spectacular
- 11:40 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:40 Pupils ‘do their thing’ for Children in Need
- 11:40 Cops seize samurai sword from 15-year-old Northampton boy during...
- 11:40 Twins almost set house on fire during 101 birthday celebrations
- 11:40 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:39 Weather warning issued for rain in Cumbria on Wednesday