Grantham charity offer schools the chance to ‘green-up’ with free trees
Schools are being offered the chance to green-up their grounds and make outdoor learning fun with free trees.
Over a quarter of a million trees are up for grabs from the Woodland Trust, and schools can now apply for saplings which will be delivered ready to plant in March next year.
Planting trees is a great way for youngsters to connect with nature and has key educational benefits too. Pupils can plant native trees like rowan or crab apple for a copse or hedge, and grow a wild harvest, or a burst of year round colour.
The Woodland Trust’s Schools and Community Engagement Manager, Karen... read more
- 11:42 Youngsters warned to stay away from the railway tracks this half term
- 11:42 Warnings over heading a football after brain function study
- 11:41 Plans to stop operations at children's heart centre are...
- 11:41 CCTV shot released in Buxton building society robbery investigation
- 11:41 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 11:40 MP visits building society branch in Northampton town centre
- 11:40 Eye-witness to Northampton caravan blaze says he saw “purple...
- 11:39 New restaurant planned for Parr Street in Liverpool city centre
- 11:39 Get into the spirit of Halloween with local events
- 11:39 Step inside the Norris Green home that’s been turned into a haunted...
- 11:38 Man airlifted to hospital with head injury after fall in Rushden
- 11:38 Find out how many takeaways have taken over your high street
- 11:37 What will the weather be like for October half term?
- 11:37 Manchester United 'must remain mentally strong and keep going',...
- 11:37 Boy of 13 'drove BMW into a tree'
- 11:37 Arsenal stars enjoy jungle themed birthday celebrations following...
- 11:37 Party promising to overturn Brexit would beat Labour and UKIP in a...
- 11:37 Can YOU spot them all? Fiendishly tricky brainteaser contains 60...
- 11:37 Is the internet becoming unreadable? Trend for light fonts on dark...
- 11:37 Your dog probably dreams about you: Sleeping pooches think lovingly...
- 11:37 How do you treat very young sexual offenders?
- 11:36 Syrian refugees found working in factories supplying UK retailers
- 11:35 Are these the worst views in Britain?
- 11:35 South Cumbria youngsters given a lesson in life saving
- 11:35 Green-fingered Barrow youngsters grow pumpkin patch in school garden
- 11:35 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 11:34 Kelechi Iheanacho calls for 'focus' in order to improve Manchester...
- 11:34 By (St) George! This one's close to home...
- 11:34 Chelsea can win Premier League title, says Pedro
- 11:34 Where are the best places in Leicestershire to enjoy an autumnal walk?