Granit Xhaka deserved to be sent off against Swansea, admits Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain… but does Arsenal midfielder have a problem after eight red cards in two-and-a-half years?
Arsenal looked to be in control against Swansea on Saturday, that was until Granit Xhaka experienced a rush of blood to the head.
The Gunners had established a 3-2 lead and looked a safe bet to hold on to it before the Swiss midfielder was given his marching orders with 20 minutes remaining.
The reckless lunge on Moudou Barrow was Xhaka's first red for Arsenal, but his eighth for club and country since 2013-14 season.
Gunners fans were quick to defend their new signing, though he almost put the side under more pressure than they could take, claiming the incident deserved nothing more than a... read more
- 00:33 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:32 Champions League draw: Charlie Nicholas makes huge Man Utd vs...
- 00:32 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:32 Meet India's dam-building grandmother
- 00:32 Buy food for the family or pay to see a doctor?
- 00:31 Bitcoin: Does it really use more electricity than Ireland?
- 00:30 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:29 James DeGale still has the heart of a champion, insists promoter...
- 00:28 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:26 China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if...
- 00:23 Viewpoint: India court disregards woman's right to choose husband
- 00:23 Ambitious Wales economic growth plan that encourages firms to...
- 00:19 Quetta's Hazara: The community caged in its own city
- 00:19 Laurent Wauquiez: Right-winger is French opposition hope against...
- 00:16 University chiefs must curb pay excesses, says minister
- 00:16 Fury returns to London for UKAD steroid hearing
- 00:16 Clement warns City off celebrations
- 00:16 Klopp: I won’t apologise for squad swaps
- 00:16 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:16 Christine Keeler: the one that got the blame
- 00:16 State of the Nation(alists)
- 00:16 Guitar over Gaza
- 00:16 Grenfell victims still sidelined
- 00:16 Museum grab condemned as ‘bid to humiliate’ Catalonia
- 00:16 Emboldened Netanyahu set straight by EU
- 00:16 Celtics vs Bulls LIVE stream: How to watch Boston against Chicago...
- 00:16 Maduro hails socialist gains
- 00:16 Kerslake’s trust put in special measures
- 00:16 Ex-fire chief who led cuts appointed to Grenfell panel
- 00:16 A THIRD OF GIRLS ABUSED AT SCHOOL