GP surgery repossessed after inspection revealed catalogue of failings
A closed surgery building where a healthcare assistant posed as a doctor and carried out internal examinations without being qualified to do so has been repossessed, it has been confirmed.
The Willows Medical Centre, in Carlton, was closed in June by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), leaving about 4,000 patients needing to seek treatment elsewhere.
It was put into special measures because patients were at risk of harm.
A subsequent CQC report revealed the healthcare assistant was known within the practice as a doctor, using the title in correspondence.
She also diagnosed patients and... read more
- 12:40 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Tuesday, April 24, in...
- 12:40 Why you could face a huge fine if you wear sunglasses while driving
- 12:40 Luis Enrique will make Aaron Ramsey's contract top priority should...
- 12:40 Luis Enrique leading the race to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal...
- 12:40 Cabbie loses licence after not securing disabled passenger properly
- 12:40 Anthony Joshua shows off brute strength as he hurls medicine balls...
- 12:39 Miraculous 82-year-old recovers from dementia after changing diet
- 12:38 What is the Brathay Trust? The charity Matt Campbell was running...
- 12:37 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:37 Whitby's summer music festival is cancelled due to funding issues
- 12:37 Paul Pogba: The TRUTH about my relationship with Man Utd boss Jose...
- 12:36 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:36 Chef to cook at pay-as-you-fel cafe in Stamford
- 12:36 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 12:35 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Tuesday, April 24, in...
- 12:35 JK Rowling won’t write anymore Harry Potter stories set in the future
- 12:35 Katie Bulmer-Cooke: You only get one body – take care of it
- 12:35 RAF centenary celebrations to be held in Durham
- 12:33 France's outsiders are making late bids to go to the World Cup
- 12:33 Manchester City pitch invasion to celebrate title being...
- 12:34 TorNaCoille Country House Hotel, Banchory
- 12:33 Hoffenheim hit the heights to make Nagelsmann more desirable than ever
- 12:33 Vivian Cheruiyot wins women’s London Marathon after Mary Keitany fades
- 12:33 Masterchef contestant, 29, dies after collapsing during London...
- 12:33 Top homes for sale in Wakefield for under £100,000
- 12:33 Distinctive Volkswagen Scirocco was stolen during burglary in Elland
- 12:32 Fundraising with man’s best friend
- 12:32 Inside Kensington Palace: William and Kate to raise third royal...
- 12:32 The best steak restaurants in London and the UK
- 12:32 DERBYSHIRE: Site chosen for new £15 million care home