GP surgery repossessed after inspection revealed catalogue of failings
A closed surgery building where a healthcare assistant posed as a doctor and carried out internal examinations without being qualified to do so has been repossessed, it has been confirmed.
The Willows Medical Centre, in Carlton, was closed in June by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), leaving about 4,000 patients needing to seek treatment elsewhere.
It was put into special measures because patients were at risk of harm.
A subsequent CQC report revealed the healthcare assistant was known within the practice as a doctor, using the title in correspondence.
She also diagnosed patients and... read more
- 04:16 India v England fourth Test day four LIVE: Virat Kohli moves past...
- 03:00 'Secure schools' pilot scheme for young offenders
- 03:00 Orgreave files 'to be made public' in first half of 2017
- 02:59 Serbian attitudes harden as migrants gather once again
- 02:52 At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria-resident
- 02:49 Bolivia's abandoned ski resort: A sign of droughts to come?
- 02:49 The Gambia's answer to Coco Chanel
- 02:42 The village that just wants to share
- 02:34 Scott Brown emboldened by Celtic's transformation under Brendan...
- 02:34 Cuts undermining fire services, says Fire Brigades Union
- 02:17 Hyundai Heavy says wins $700 million order from Iran for 10 ships
- 02:15 Doting mother Sam Faiers shares sweet Instagram snaps of baby son...
- 02:15 Back with a bang! Ore Oduba wows with two effortless routines as he...
- 02:15 Busty Nicole Scherzinger flashes her endless legs in risqué golden...
- 02:15 White hot! Myleene Klass flaunts her flawless figure in skimpy...
- 02:15 Jemma Lucy covers up her surgically-enhanced assets yet flashes...
- 02:15 'Things have gone t*ts up': Nick Knowles 'splits from wife Jessica...
- 02:15 'What makes the talentless waste of a rap so special?' Divisive...
- 02:06 New Edinburgh Gateway interchange opens in capital
- 01:53 Hong Kong holds election for panel to pick next leader
- 01:51 Owen Farrell ready captain England if Dylan Hartley is banned, says...
- 01:49 Katie Taylor outclasses Viviane Obenauf to claim second...
- 01:42 How Judaism's definition of death can boost organ donations
- 01:35 Dillian Whyte beats Dereck Chisora: The build-up was pantomime but...
- 01:35 Anthony Joshua to take on Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in April...
- 01:34 Louis Tomlinson: X Factor song harder than I ever imagined
- 01:31 Finding micrometeorites in city gutters
- 01:30 Joe Joyce: This is when I want to go professional
- 01:19 How many famous female hairdressers can you name?
- 01:18 Romania elects new parliament, leftists ahead in polls