GP receptionists should be trained to 'deal more sensitively' with patients
Receptionists could put people off seeing their GP by asking about their symptoms, according to new research.
A new study found that both men and women dislike telling receptionists what is wrong ahead of being able to book an appointment with their GP.
It is common practice for receptionists to ask about symptoms when people try to book an appointment. Experts argue this helps identify the most urgent cases and puts people in touch with the right service. But critics say receptionists - who are often not medically trained - should not be allowed to triage patients.
A 2015 study published... read more
- 16:22 Six men arrested after break-in at Hull's Leisure Build caravans
- 16:22 Police probe possible sighting of missing Edinburgh student Antoine...
- 16:21 EU states agree caps on wholesale roaming charges
- 16:20 This picture shows the main suspect in a sexual assault in...
- 16:19 Access to European security databases post Brexit is 'mission...
- 16:18 E.ON taking on 100 apprentices - with many in Nottingham
- 16:18 Urgent appeal for public to act as models
- 16:18 Vitor Pereira: All you need to know about Wolves managerial target
- 16:18 Bulwell's 'David Beckham' to appear in Channel 5 documentary
- 16:18 We see if Byron at New Street can take the burger crown for Birmingham
- 16:18 Father who force-fed his son to death cannot be named
- 16:18 The taste of success! New children’s menu a hit at Boston’s Pilgrim...
- 16:18 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG: Merc's 604bhp super-saloon
- 16:18 Jet2.com adds extra seats to more than 15 destinations from East...
- 16:17 Accident closes one lane of M6 between junction 14 and Stafford...
- 16:17 Why these frustrated Sharow parents want to build a car park
- 16:17 UK weather: Up to 120 days of snow to blast Britain in coldest...
- 16:17 Halloween highlights in the Harrogate District
- 16:17 Carlos Alberto death: Brazil legend is laid to rest in Rio de...
- 16:17 Rock Up and Sing! choir set to perform gigs in Budapest
- 16:17 Column – Transport Talk with Don Mackenzie
- 16:17 The unfair secrets behind celebrity fitness DVDs
- 16:16 Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic aiming to be the boss of...
- 16:16 Brother of Manchester United star Luke Shaw denies calling Jose...
- 16:16 Shannon Briggs claims David Haye backed out of fight with him and...
- 16:15 How has this been allowed to happen? Brave Alex Novakovic and his...
- 16:15 Fears over killer food poisoning bug prompt recall
- 16:15 U.S. STOCKS MOVE HIGHER; DOW UP 0.25 PCT, S&P 500 UP 0.1 PCT,...
- 16:15 Fabulous at 40 - The celebrities who don't seem to age
- 16:14 View from the Zoo: Free ranging friendly birds