GP receptionists should be trained to 'deal more sensitively' with patients
Receptionists could put people off seeing their GP by asking about their symptoms, according to new research.
A new study found that both men and women dislike telling receptionists what is wrong ahead of being able to book an appointment with their GP.
It is common practice for receptionists to ask about symptoms when people try to book an appointment. Experts argue this helps identify the most urgent cases and puts people in touch with the right service. But critics say receptionists - who are often not medically trained - should not be allowed to triage patients.
A 2015 study published... read more
- 00:26 Manchester United lead Barcelona and Real Madrid at the top of...
- 00:26 Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa wanted by Alaves but Spanish club...
- 00:26 Cheshire Police identify three possible suspects and 83 victims in...
- 00:20 Threat in UK greater than six years ago, says terror law watchdog...
- 00:17 PM refuses to rule out blocking Scots MPs voting on Brexit law
- 00:17 Cobra fang club: The rising popularity of Kenyan snake farms
- 00:16 Remarkable dog awarded animal OBE for being owner’s ‘lifeline’
- 00:16 Wetherspoons diner found ‘worm’ inside her half-eaten chicken wings
- 00:16 What does the future hold for people growing old with HIV?
- 00:16 Cambuslang man rubs shoulders with golfing greats at first European...
- 00:15 Reina attack highlights widening chasm in Turkish lifestyles
- 00:13 Kuenssberg scorned for Corbyn misquote
- 00:13 Netflix adds record breaking 7 million new subscribers as profits...
- 00:13 Iraq: ‘Victory’ over Isis in eastern Mosul
- 00:13 China reveals 'Sharp Sword' stealth drone that can carry two TONNES...
- 00:13 Syria: Government troops battle to cling on to cut-off Deir Ezzor
- 00:13 iPhone 8 will recognize its owner's face: Handset will have special...
- 00:13 Israel: ‘Cold-blooded’ killing at homes’ demolition protest
- 00:13 Rail nincompoops handed tram keys
- 00:13 NHS cuts scheme takes another hit
- 00:13 Puerto Ricans celebrate for Oscar Lopez
- 00:13 ‘Spotters’ in new role at Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and...
- 00:13 Npower bottom of energy customer satisfaction survey
- 00:13 Top 10 most complained-about ads of 2016
- 00:13 Blue Peter goes green as badges made from recycled yogurt pots
- 00:12 The vegan trying to make the perfect burger
- 00:10 Stars shun Donald Trump’s invitation to perform at his 'elegant'...
- 00:10 Life and death on Thailand's lethal roads
- 00:10 Hong Kong: Twenty years later
- 00:09 How Sam Sunderland won the world's toughest race... Britain's first...