Government tells council leaders 'its all or nothing' as devolution deal could be under threat
The Government has warned council leaders in Lincolnshire "its all or nothing" as devolution plans come under threat.
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) had previously indicated to MPs and council leaders that the deal could still go ahead even if one of the ten councils opted out of creating a 'super authority' to take control of housing, flood defences, transport and job training among other things.
But at a meeting this week at government offices in Birmingham, new Communities Secretary Sajid Javid made it clear that all 10 councils must sign up or the... read more
- 10:02 Tottenham Hotspur unveil stunning images of new stadium including...
- 10:02 Coatbridge-born Chris Iwelumo backs hometown heroes Albion Rovers...
- 10:02 Dan Evans battles past Bernard Tomic to continue remarkable...
- 10:02 This artist paints women’s bitchy resting faces
- 10:02 Donald Trump inauguration: 45th US president to be sworn in
- 10:02 Delays on the A51 at Whittington due to an accident
- 10:02 Kenwick Park GC to hold Ashton Turner weekend for new tour...
- 10:02 Donald Trump's inauguration: Here's everything you need to know
- 10:01 Divock Origi urges Liverpool team-mates to concentrate on...
- 10:01 Man arrested following armed robberies
- 10:01 I’ll unify America, pledges Trump... but the protests have already...
- 10:01 Man dies after serious crash
- 10:00 Charity on the lookout for help
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...