Government must urgently bring vulnerable Calais Jungle children to UK - Unicef
The Government must "act with a lot more urgency" on its promise to bring vulnerable children to the UK from Calais, the charity Unicef has warned.
French President Francois Hollande revealed this week his government is preparing to "completely, definitively" dismantle the Jungle camp near the port town by the end of the year.
In the wake of the announcement, the UK reaffirmed its "crystal clear" commitment to resettle vulnerable children and also ensure those with links to Britain are brought to the country.
But Lily Caprani, Unicef UK's deputy executive... read more
- 18:17 21-month jail sentence for man who lunged at stranger with knife...
- 18:17 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:16 Parkinson’s Café up and running in town
- 18:16 Charity call for more shop volunteers across region
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line
- 18:09 Cleanup carried out before Leamington Canal Festival’s revival
- 18:09 Pet owner to appeal to court to save his dog from being put down...
- 18:09 Problems as major work on Burton Bridge causes traffic delays...
- 18:09 Some good news: Major Tatenhill road has reopened - A WEEK EARLY
- 18:08 England vs Tunisia LIVE: World Cup updates as Three Lions get...
- 18:07 Walmart shopper shoots dead carjacking gunman
- 18:06 Sunday League game abandoned after violence flares among spectators
- 18:06 Two boys snared home invader after locking themselves in bathroom
- 18:05 These giant sex-obsessed moths are invading the UK
- 18:04 Strip club makes streets safer, says Spearmint Rhino boss
- 18:03 Westworld recap: season 2, episode 9 – will man or machine be the...
- 18:02 Leicestershire soldiers among those protecting Cyprus airbase where...