Government must urgently bring vulnerable Calais Jungle children to UK - Unicef
French President Francois Hollande revealed this week his government is preparing to "completely, definitively" dismantle the Jungle camp near the port town by the end of the year.
In the wake of the announcement, the UK reaffirmed its "crystal clear" commitment to resettle vulnerable children and also ensure those with links to Britain are brought to the country.
But Lily Caprani, Unicef UK's deputy executive director, said this promise needs to translate into urgent action before those children disappear or are pushed into the arms of traffickers.
Speaking to the Press... read more
- 00:17 PM refuses to rule out blocking Scots MPs voting on Brexit law
- 00:17 Cobra fang club: The rising popularity of Kenyan snake farms
- 00:16 Remarkable dog awarded animal OBE for being owner’s ‘lifeline’
- 00:16 Wetherspoons diner found ‘worm’ inside her half-eaten chicken wings
- 00:16 What does the future hold for people growing old with HIV?
- 00:16 Cambuslang man rubs shoulders with golfing greats at first European...
- 00:15 Reina attack highlights widening chasm in Turkish lifestyles
- 00:13 Kuenssberg scorned for Corbyn misquote
- 00:13 Netflix adds record breaking 7 million new subscribers as profits...
- 00:13 Iraq: ‘Victory’ over Isis in eastern Mosul
- 00:13 China reveals 'Sharp Sword' stealth drone that can carry two TONNES...
- 00:13 Syria: Government troops battle to cling on to cut-off Deir Ezzor
- 00:13 iPhone 8 will recognize its owner's face: Handset will have special...
- 00:13 Israel: ‘Cold-blooded’ killing at homes’ demolition protest
- 00:13 Rail nincompoops handed tram keys
- 00:13 NHS cuts scheme takes another hit
- 00:13 Puerto Ricans celebrate for Oscar Lopez
- 00:13 ‘Spotters’ in new role at Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and...
- 00:13 Npower bottom of energy customer satisfaction survey
- 00:13 Top 10 most complained-about ads of 2016
- 00:13 Blue Peter goes green as badges made from recycled yogurt pots
- 00:12 The vegan trying to make the perfect burger
- 00:10 Stars shun Donald Trump’s invitation to perform at his 'elegant'...
- 00:10 Life and death on Thailand's lethal roads
- 00:10 Hong Kong: Twenty years later
- 00:09 How Sam Sunderland won the world's toughest race... Britain's first...
- 00:09 Chelsea Under 18s cruise into FA Youth Cup fifth round as Mason...
- 00:09 Jos Buttler backing under-pressure captain Eoin Morgan as England...
- 00:07 Guinea-Bissauan winger sprints length of the pitch to bag stunner...
- 00:07 Masters Snooker: World No1 Mark Selby beats Mark Williams in final...