Government business rates checker crashes as firms flood system to check how much tax they will be paying
Thousands of firms in North Wales are set to find out how much they are set to pay in business rates today - but huge demand has seen the Government's on-line checker crash.
The Valuation Office Agency published the new "rateable values" of their properties at around 9.30am this morning.
It was set to show the changes in the amount firms will pay in business rates from next April.
North Wales is expected to benefit as the last review took place in 2008 prior to the economic crash.
But the system has experienced serious technical difficulties this morning due to the sheer level of... read more
- 11:49 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:49 Japanese pool player’s bizarre post-match interview has Twitter in...
- 11:49 John Terry makes bold claim: Chelsea’s rivals should listen up
- 11:49 Only one '£50k' Jane Austen five pound note left - and it's in...
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?