Gove defends Johnson over pro-EU newspaper column
Michael Gove has leapt to the defence of Boris Johnson after the emergence of a previously unseen newspaper column in which the Foreign Secretary backed staying in the European Union.
Mr Gove, who Mr Johnson apparently "wanted to punch" for effectively torpedoing his chances of becoming prime minister, insisted his Leave campaign ally acted on his "deep beliefs" when he decided to support Brexit.
The former justice secretary's comments take on added significance given the spectacular way he abandoned Mr Johnson's campaign to become Tory leader to have his own run at the... read more
- 17:10 Why walking is better for you than cycling
- 17:10 TAMWORTH FC: Lambs are a club on the up, says Morrell after signing...
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...
- 17:03 Anthony Joshua collects bespoke Range Rover ahead of big fight
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back
- 17:03 What is Ed Balls Day? Everything you need to know about the sixth...
- 16:58 Juan Mata could play again this season for Manchester United
- 16:58 Sunderland AFC record £33million loss
- 16:58 Green campaigner Andrew Cooper set to stand in general election
- 16:57 These are the holiday destinations most likely to cause a break-up
- 16:57 Why you should make sure you ALWAYS take this item on a plane with you
- 16:57 Why the Royal Family will NEVER use these certain words