Gordon Strachan set for crisis talks with SFA over his future after Scotland suffer significant blow to hopes of reaching 2018 World Cup
Gordon Strachan is set for discussions with his SFA employers as a question mark hangs over him remaining as Scotland manager for next month’s trip to Wembley.
Despite refusing to be drawn on his future immediately after Tuesday night’s 3-0 defeat to Slovakia, Strachan was left bitterly disappointed by an outcome that significantly damaged hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup.
It has led to wide-ranging criticism of his performance as national team boss, with Charlie Nicholas describing him as 'a coach who’s run out of ideas’.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Gareth Southgate in pole... read more
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue
- 13:29 Former Aston Villa midfielder Nobby Solano delighted after beating...
- 13:28 Stormzy is playing in Leicester next week – here's how you can get...
- 13:26 Chelsea attempted to sign Neymar by convincing him he could be...
- 13:26 Saving the Venezuelan Amazon: mega-nature reserve? Or mega-mining...
- 13:26 We need your nominations
- 13:26 Eden Hazard has major worry: This will affect Real Madrid move
- 13:25 SpaceX to launch first reused rocket, testing cost-cutting model
- 13:24 Woman arrested for being drunk and disorderly twice in two weeks
- 13:24 Nottingham Poetry Festival 2017 - all you need to know
- 13:23 A marathon challenge to raise cash for Hartlepool hospice
- 13:23 Music a mystery to apes left baffled by Bieber and Beethoven
- 13:22 Referee speaks out following attack
- 13:22 Sing to the Swing
- 13:22 School governor jailed after being caught with 4,000 indecent...
- 13:21 Brexit: What is the great repeal bill?
- 13:21 Northants add Taylor and Sales to coaching staff
- 13:21 Rolls-Royce unveils nine Wraiths 'Inspired by British Music'
- 13:21 Choose crafts over chocolate this Easter and help youngsters at...
- 13:21 'I'll bury you': shocking footage shows bitter feud between Scouser...