Gordon Strachan's attempts at getting Scotland to a major tournament are just like all the rest
IT was meant to be different this time. Gordon Strachan had broken the painful cycle, stopped us swirling in the hopeless vortex of continued failure.
And yet here we are. Again.
Back in exactly the same place as we have been so many times before. It’s like deja bloomin’ vu.
There must be some malevolent spirit that lurks in the manager’s office at Hampden Park. Even the strong willed get possessed and are doomed to repeat the failures of the past.
There’s no other explanation for it. Strachan did well to resist the demons for a couple of years but even he has finally been consumed.
Wee... read more
- 04:25 U.S. judge asked to expand order blocking Iraqis' deportation
- 04:23 Sign of labour? THIS is the time of day most babies are born
- 04:19 Marcel and Gabby are the latest Love Island couple into the...
- 04:15 Nintendo Games news reveals another great combination between Sega...
- 04:07 Primary school lands Northumbie
- 04:00 Romelu Lukaku hits back at angry Everton fans over Chelsea...
- 03:58 Scheme to limit commercial bins on city streets launched
- 03:55 Preparations underway for annual village carnival
- 03:54 Japan's Abe to push for constitution reform before year end - media
- 03:49 Albanians vote in crucial test for EU membership hopes
- 03:49 Hopes fading in China for 118 still missing day after landslide
- 03:43 Five ways politicians can win over young voters
- 03:41 French President Macron, PM Philippe approval ratings rise - poll
- 03:33 The teenagers growing up with cancer
- 03:33 Cash for sick child's treatment stolen
- 03:13 $esc.html($content.name)
- 03:06 Event to help form Lincolnshire health strategy
- 03:02 James Gallagher stuns Madison Square Garden with first-round finish...
- 03:02 Manchester United aim to have Alvaro Morata transfer finalised...
- 02:40 Colombian police arrest eight in mall bombing probe
- 02:27 Bellator 180 Fight Card LIVE: Follow all the action and results...
- 02:15 Aberdeen ready to block any bids for star midfielder Kenny McLean...
- 02:07 Four titles Celtic won in Rangers' absence count for nothing,...
- 02:07 Jordan Spieth remains top dog at Travelers Championship as world No...
- 02:07 Frank Lampard believes tying Antonio Conte down to a new contract...
- 02:04 Argentina's former president Fernandez launches Senate bid
- 01:58 Italians vote in mayoral run-off that may spur the centre-right
- 01:51 Guatemala: Officials and police charged over girls shelter blaze
- 01:49 East Libyan forces claim control of central Benghazi neighbourhood
- 01:46 Chelsea ‘wary’ of Virgil van Dijk still wanting Liverpool transfer