Gordon Strachan dodges question about his future as Scotland boss in wake of Slovakia defeat
GORDON STRACHAN dodged questions about his future as Scotland boss in the wake of tonight's damaging defeat in Slovakia.
Strachan refused to admit Scotland's hopes of reaching World Cup 2018 are dead. But asked if he was the man to take the country forward he skirted around the question and said his thoughts were with his players - who he praised for not giving up in the 3-0 thumping in Trnava.
The national manager's words may have been defiant but his tone was deflated as he spoke to the media after the match.
He said of the players: "As a group I'm really proud of them tonight. And... read more
- 11:52 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:51 Witness appeal following serious collision on A1
- 11:51 This Morning viewers in UPROAR as massive technical failure causes...
- 11:51 Corby’s speeding hotspots to be tackled in Road Safety Week
- 11:50 Leonard under fire for trying to take credit for BiFab deal
- 11:50 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:49 How to get rid of BAD BREATH: These foods could cause bad oral hygiene
- 11:49 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...