Google reveals its self-driving cars have now driven 2 MILLION miles on public roads (but they still won't be ready for production until 2020)
Google's self-driving vehicles are mastering complex situations on public roads, from cars going the wrong way to bicycles darting in front of traffic, as the technology company strives to win the high-profile race to achieve full vehicle automation.
The Alphabet Inc unit, which has been developing autonomous cars since 2009, said its self-driving vehicles had logged two million miles (3.2 million km) on public roads, and it continues to log about 25,000 miles of test drives per week.
Google has been a leader in testing autonomous vehicles on public roads, prompting traditional carmakers to... read more
- 11:07 Blackburn Rovers 1 Manchester United 2: How the players rated
- 11:07 River rescue after man falls off bike in Spalding
- 11:06 Highfields spot on for win in Laidler/Lancaster Cup semi’s
- 11:06 Staffing problems loom due to shortage of trained nurses
- 11:06 Firefighters alerted to blazing car in Melton
- 11:06 Sherwood Forest show for Tom Jones
- 11:05 Eric Gilligan: UK workers’ rights on the line
- 11:05 New Ssangyong SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 -...
- 11:05 Paul Pogba need this player at Manchester United: What he does is...
- 11:05 Sam Riley is 'anxious' about SS-GB
- 11:04 PLEASE SHARE: Have you seen missing Worksop woman Anna Marie?
- 11:04 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:03 Boys as well as girls should be told about the evils of FGM
- 11:03 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United injury update ahead of...
- 11:03 Ander Herrera seen rousing Manchester United team-mates in tunnel...
- 11:02 Daring councillor’s 70ft charity plunge
- 11:02 Barcelona name just one Spaniard in starting XI for the first time...
- 11:02 Juventus star Dani Alves says he quit Barcelona because they were...
- 11:02 Zlatan Ibrahimovic must love playing with Paul Pogba and Chelsea...
- 11:02 Pervert police officer sacked after being caught with indecent...
- 11:02 Sheffield City Region leaders unite to tackle inequality and boost...
- 11:02 South Yorkshire farmer’s live lamb cam is an internet hit
- 11:02 FTSE steadies after setting one-month high, Unilever slumps
- 11:02 VIDEO: Family of Sheffield man shot dead say 'We are all grieving'
- 11:02 Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
- 11:02 Chinese news agency warns South Korea's Lotte over THAAD
- 11:01 Lindley hair salon fire: Two arrested on suspicion of wounding with...
- 11:00 Hartlepool Marina lock emptied for first time in more than 20 years
- 11:00 Another major deal for Hartlepool company
- 11:00 Appeal for witnesses after burglary in Northamptonshire village