Google looks to turn product searches into cash: Firm will promote items from Target, Walmart and other retailers and take a cut of shoppers' purchases
Google routinely fields product queries from millions of shoppers.
Now, it wants to take a cut of their purchases, too.
Under a new program, retailers can list their products on Google Search, as well as on the Google Express shopping service and Google Assistant.
In exchange for Google listings and linking to retailer loyalty programs, the retailers pay Google a piece of each purchase, which is different from payments that retailers make to place ads on Google platforms.
Scroll down for video
To start, the internet giant announced on Monday that it's teaming up with retailers... read more
- 00:30 Steven Pienaar sees Football Welcomes as great way to bring people...
- 00:29 Europe migrants: Austria to seize migrants' phones in asylum clampdown
- 00:27 The Amazon’s solar-powered river bus
- 00:25 Five ways China's past has shaped its present
- 00:24 Fenerbahce vs Besiktas Turkish Cup semi-final second leg abandoned...
- 00:23 EU divorce bill could be higher than £39 billion
- 00:23 Scientists discover how to bend DIAMOND in 'surprising'...
- 00:23 350-year-old mystery of the world's best preserved dodo specimen is...
- 00:23 Facebook job postings reveal the firm is looking for chip designers...
- 00:22 Mark Hughes insists Southampton need to start taking risks to avoid...
- 00:18 Cancer: Is it a good move to ditch Dr Google?
- 00:18 Mel Giedroyc: From The Generation Game to Shakespeare's Beatrice
- 00:18 London Marathon: Hero helper and runner will start together
- 00:15 Emmerdale spoilers: Is Belle Dingle ill again as Lachlan’s fears grow?
- 00:15 Paul Hollywood’s 22-year-old lover defends 30-year age gap
- 00:12 Ian Maxwell in pole position to become new £300k-a-year SFA chief...
- 00:12 Too stoned? Here’s what you can do to make yourself feel better
- 00:11 Brexit divorce bill will surpass £39bn, warns Whitehall watchdog
- 00:10 Lake District award challenges people to explore wild spaces
- 00:07 Brexit divorce cost uncertain, say auditors
- 00:02 Neil Lennon has his sights set on Kenny Miller move this summer
- 23:59 Arsenal to subsidise tickets for Europa League semi-final after...
- 23:58 Banking royal commission: all you need to know – so far
- 23:53 Eden Hazard to be offered Real Madrid transfer move if Zinedine...
- 23:52 Neymar reveals new tattoo of his mum as he continues to recover...
- 23:49 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster
- 23:49 Declan Donnelly ‘most likely to have his nude pictures leaked’ says...
- 23:49 David Walliams admits he ‘always worried’ about Dale Winton as ‘his...
- 23:44 Australian warships 'challenged' by Chinese navy in South China Sea
- 23:43 Liverpool sensation Mohamed Salah explains why he flopped at Chelsea