Google in historic 'right to be forgotten' challenge
A businessman has taken Google to the High Court in London in what is being seen as a landmark case over "the right to be forgotten".
He is challenging Google's decision not to remove a criminal conviction he has from the 1990s from search results.
People can ask for online information to be removed from searches if they feel it is outdated or irrelevant.
Google said it would "defend the public's right to access lawful information".
"We work hard to comply with the right to be forgotten, but we take great care not to remove search results that are clearly in the... read more
- 09:51 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:51 'Life-saving' medical cannabis looks set to finally be provided for...
- 09:50 The Jerry Springer Show turns 25: the 10 most outrageous moments
- 09:49 Carillion collapse cost Notts taxpayers a quarter of a million pounds
- 09:49 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:49 The Finsbury Park attack showed us the worst of Britain, but how we...
- 09:49 How will YouTube Music and YouTube Premium work and how much will...
- 09:49 Residents 'shocked' by amount of Wigan dog thefts
- 09:49 Liverpool transfer news: Nabil Fekir quizzed on failed Anfield switch
- 09:48 STV chiefs under fire after snubbing Holyrood appearance
- 09:48 Northants councils shake-up: Consultation ‘a farce’
- 09:48 Woman who revealed names of two sex offence victims on social media...
- 09:47 Oz thug rock: the sound of 'complete disregard for authority'
- 09:47 Inside Jean-Michel Basquiat’s teen years: 'He was hitting on...
- 09:47 Capital’s Sigma extends Countryside deal
- 09:47 Lord Hague joins call for cannabis reform in wake of epilepsy...
- 09:47 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:47 Air Ambulance called to Preston garage after 'car falls on man'
- 09:47 Burnley street gripped by World Cup fever
- 09:45 Burglary at York farm shop: Police release CCTV image of suspect
- 09:45 Union back on picket line as train strike hits Wigan
- 09:45 Cash stolen after thieves break into neighbouring shops in Corby
- 09:44 Booze-fuelled school-run mum narrowly escapes prison sentence after...
- 09:44 Teenage boy stabbed outside Sheffield pub
- 09:44 Chelsea transfer news: Sven Goran Eriksson reveals Roman Abramovich...
- 09:43 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:42 OPINION: Kane world class as England dig deep in adversity to win...
- 09:42 Accident reported on A38 at Claymills - updates
- 09:42 Rugby man kept searching and downloading indecent images of...
- 09:41 Caravan camp appears on Stray in Harrogate