Goodwood Festival and 5 more things to do on the perfect speed demon’s holiday
If you have ever fostered even the slightest interest in cars, then it is hard not to be blown away by the sheer scale of motoring masterpieces on display at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Think Wembley for football fans, Hollywood for film buffs or the Cavern for Beatles maniacs – Goodwood offers the same kind of spiritual home for petrolheads.
So if you harbor a real love for the machines then you are in the automotive Elysian Fields – quite literally a field for most of it.
Up to 150,000 people walk through the gates of Goodwood on each day of the festival; but as it is hosted over such a... read more
- 11:24 More EU nationals choosing to live in Scotland despite Brexit
- 11:23 COLUMN: Plan wisely for retirement and it could be one long holiday
- 11:23 Elon Musk wants to rate accuracy of news stories on a site called...
- 11:21 No border to a good education
- 11:21 The Prince of Denmark comes to Duns Castle
- 11:21 Parkland survivor David Hogg aims to 'create the NRA – except for...
- 11:21 Couple obsessed with Boyzone member guilty of killing French nanny
- 11:20 Russian military downed flight MH17, say investigators
- 11:19 Firefighters called out to Tottington trees fire
- 11:18 COLUMN: Plan wisely for retirement and it could be one long holiday
- 11:17 Sheffield schools at 'tipping point', Prime Minister is told
- 11:15 Is Mohamed Salah fasting for Ramadan ahead of the Champions...
- 11:15 Roads closed after injured woman found near St Helens car park
- 11:13 Praise for lifeboat aid
- 11:12 Get in! Here’s some fab photos from a 2009 Hartlepool schools day...
- 11:12 Gadgets: 5 of the best projectors
- 11:12 Gardening: 5 of the best garden gnomes
- 11:11 Andrés Iniesta signs for Japanese club Vissel Kobe after leaving...
- 11:11 East Midlands businesswomen share the stories of their success at...
- 11:11 Kyle Edmund: Is he the new Andy Murray? Or just Tim Henman?
- 11:11 HEATWAVE: East Midlands set to bask in RECORD BREAKING Bank Holiday...
- 11:11 Is anyone really surprised that there’s now Meghan and Harry...
- 11:11 Are smartphones causing more teen suicides?
- 11:10 Charity ball for Headway Preston and Chorley is a success
- 11:10 Whitley Bay restaurant is cooking up a storm for TV show
- 11:10 Complex to hold open day to celebrate £1.2m refurbishment
- 11:10 Final preparations made for Whitley Bay Carnival
- 11:09 Children discover the delights of vegetarian food
- 11:08 SuperJosh volunteers take on 36-mile walk from Blackpool to Bury
- 11:06 Clitheroe twins are treasure hunt winners