Golfer’s heart felt tribute to life savers
A golfer who suffered a cardiac arrest mid-round has paid tribute to the people who saved his life.
Chris Ennis (63), of Pendleton, was playing the 11th hole at Clitheroe Golf Club when he suddenly fell ill.
In such situations, quick thinking is crucial and luckily for the self-employed handyman, who had only been a member of the club for five months, fellow new member and golfer Mark Schofield, of Whalley, acted fast.
“We were just walking off the 11th and Chris was a step behind when I saw him go down like a sack of spuds,” said Mark.
The 42-year-old who runs Ribble Valley Tennis Centre... read more
- 09:16 George Soros faces HUMILIATION as Orban plans to SHUT his...
- 09:16 Donald Trump attempts to build bridges with Australian Prime...
- 09:16 Drivers facing long delays after two car smash in Lincoln
- 09:15 'Tories will betray pensioners once again': Sturgeon warns...
- 09:14 Jug and Jester in Leamington has closed and its new owner will...
- 09:14 Nigel Clough's fine managerial record against Leeds United boosted...
- 09:14 Plans to build £2m medical research lab in Calderdale
- 09:13 Updated: 18-year-old stabbing victim discharged from hospital
- 09:13 Town centre stabbing victim dies
- 09:13 Paul Merson delivers his prediction for Arsenal v Leicester
- 09:13 No way through! Which of the Premier League’s top seven have the...
- 09:13 Real Madrid happy to sell star to Man Utd or Chelsea because of...
- 09:13 £5m prize fund launched to help de-stress ‘stifled’ SMEs
- 09:13 Waxwork honour for Corrie’s Kym
- 09:12 Attackers said ‘we are so sorry’ then threw acid in lecturer’s face
- 09:12 Tortoise somehow gets stuck in gap between two houses
- 09:11 Holly and Phil stunned as Hollyoaks’ Kieron Richardson reveals he...
- 09:11 Burton and South Derbyshire runners complete the Virgin Money...
- 09:10 Doncaster to remember the fallen with King's Own Yorkshire Light...
- 09:10 Eating aged cheeses like cheddar and brie might help you live longer
- 09:10 Cassini spacecraft snaps a shot of Earth between Saturn's rings in...
- 09:09 HALLEY'S COMET SPECTACLE: Fireballs to light up night sky
- 09:09 HARLEQUIN INVASION: Smelly STD-riddled ladybirds from Asia are COMING
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...