Goldman Sachs sees profits soar to $2.1bn
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has reported a 58% rise in profits for the third quarter of the year.
Its earnings jumped to $2.1bn (£1.7bn) in the three months to the end of September, compared with $1.33bn for the same period a year earlier.
The Wall Street bank attributed the rise in profits to better returns from its trading activities in bonds, commodities and currencies.
"We saw solid performance," said chief executive Lloyd Blankfein.
Revenues across its fixed income, currencies and commodities unit jumped by more than a third to $1.96bn. Trading in these areas has been... read more
- 16:13 Mother duck teaches 11 ducklings to use a zebra crossing
- 16:12 Success of St Helens mental health awareness event
- 16:12 An identical, monotonously predictable safety-first approach
- 16:11 Public divided over plans for mayor to take charge of fire service
- 16:10 Cyclist taken to hospital after assault in Warwick park
- 16:10 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp ‘green lights’ arrival of Real Madrid...
- 16:09 Passengers set for bank holiday rail chaos - here's how you're...
- 16:08 Inquiry opens into death of Wigan man, 28
- 16:08 Surge in football attendances at SPFL grounds
- 16:07 Man arrested after alleged rape in Nuneaton
- 16:06 BBC presenter Rachael Bland reveals 'incurable' cancer
- 16:06 A second ‘alien asteroid’ has been spotted in our solar system
- 16:06 Liverpool stars Salah, Firmino and co train at Anfield ahead of...
- 16:04 Burton graduate left jobless after Carillion collapse lands new job...
- 16:04 Major scheme on former council depot will bring 140 new jobs to...
- 16:04 Call for ban on cars dropping off or picking up pupils at school gates
- 16:04 Multi-million pound retail development in Bolsover is approved
- 16:04 Firefighters rescue pensioner after ravine fall in Newcombe Road,...
- 16:04 Twoteenagers arrested after assault on elderly man
- 16:03 GALLERY: Suitcases full of surprises!
- 16:03 Tracking lorries won't solve Irish border issue, hauliers say
- 16:02 Multi-million pound retail development in Bolsover is approved
- 16:01 Mikel Arteta as Arsenal manager: The Gunners line-up that could...
- 16:00 Twoteenagers arrested after assault on elderly man
- 16:00 "Hope will triumph over hatred": Bishop of Burnley on Manchester...
- 16:00 It was lunch with royalty at Simonstone primary
- 15:59 Cyclist taken to hospital after assault in Warwick park
- 15:59 Mysterious object confirmed to be from another solar system
- 15:59 Jose Mourinho annoyed with Marcus Rashford after Manchester...
- 15:58 Why the Parliamentary Group on Prostitution is wrong to suggest...