Goldman bankers pocket £75,000 each for three months work as profits bounce back
Goldman Sachs bankers pocketed an average £75,000 each for three months work as the US firm's profits bounced back.
The financier made £2.4billion in the quarter to September 30 – some 40 per cent more than a year earlier.
Its investing and lending division put in a particularly strong performance as the American economic recovery gathered pace, with revenues more than doubling.
And there was a 90 per cent fall in costs for bad behaviour such as fines and compensation, which dropped to £37.4million from £338.5million.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Tesco flogs more ready meals than ever... read more
- 14:09 Paedophile sent naked pictures to 'schoolgirl' - who was actually...
- 14:09 Two Derbyshire towns scoop most festive in England title
- 14:09 Boss urges Birmingham Moseley to be quick off mark in the capital
- 14:09 Mark Gatiss says tears were shed when Peter Capaldi filmed last...
- 14:08 The A Word films at Keswick School for final episode
- 14:08 You will be off work for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding
- 14:08 VIDEO: Thankful dad in £27,000 Christmas fundraiser for Sheffield...
- 14:08 What is a doula and how might one help you during pregnancy?
- 14:08 Liverpool get green light from Monaco to begin talks over Thomas...
- 14:08 Town event hailed a big success after decision to go ahead
- 14:08 Diabetes prevention diet: Snacking on THIS unlikely fruit could...
- 14:08 Nurse shortage hits patient care at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- 14:08 Huddersfield Mission's activities 'open the door to improving...
- 14:06 Merkel reveals 'MASTER PLAN’ for EU true union and integration
- 14:06 ANC to finally reveal Jacob Zuma's successor as party leader
- 14:06 Drugs seized as Wakefield police launch Christmas patrols
- 14:06 Million Britons miss out on 'decent' broadband speeds
- 14:06 Nurse shortage hits patient care at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- 14:06 Police charge 26 people after huge series of raids in Merseyside...
- 14:06 Manchester United transfer window plans revealed by Jose Mourinho
- 14:06 Police attend three-car crash at Bessingby Hill
- 14:06 Manchester United player Eric Bailly to have surgery on injury
- 14:03 Warning over killer Aussie flu set to strike down Brits over Christmas
- 14:03 Quick-thinking bin man saves theatre puppet star from the scrap...
- 14:03 Aston Villa news: Steve Bruce delivers major update on Wolves...
- 14:02 Newlyweds from Sunderland burgled while on their honeymoon
- 14:01 The world’s first cannabis-infused, alcohol-free wine is about to...
- 14:01 Battered mince pies have been created by a Scottish fish and chip shop
- 14:01 Video and pictures emerge from Sheffield crash scene
- 14:01 ‘Father Christmas is my Daddy’: seasonal stories from Santa’s grotto