Gold on track for budding engineers
Young engineers have struck gold by winning national recognition for a project.
The pupils - Alec Cavell-Taylor, Patrick Moon, Jonathan Tanner and John Ashton - had to complete around 70 hours of project work to achieve the highest accolade in CREST, a UK-wide award scheme to support students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and maths.
The challenge began for the Ripon Grammar School boys early last year when they were set their task by international engineering company Siemens to design and prototype a train detection system.
Patrick explained: “It had to be cheap to implement... read more
- 15:03 Family-of-five are forced to live off handouts after bank wrongly...
- 15:03 City sentiment on Britain takes a turn for the better as wealth...
- 15:03 Why you could face a HUGE fine if you wear sunglasses while driving
- 15:03 Flooding defence boost for town
- 15:02 America’s favourite dog breed hasn’t changed for almost 30 years
- 15:02 Fenerbahce vs Besiktas Turkish Cup semi-final to be restarted from...
- 15:02 Leeds owner defends decision to tour Burma after club are accused...
- 15:02 Mohamed Salah has seen his odds to win Ballon d'Or 2018 slashed...
- 15:02 Tottenham star Son Heung-min could miss start of Premier League...
- 15:02 Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid - head to head: How do Robert...
- 15:01 Adorable fox cub rescued by workmen being cared for by SSPCA
- 15:01 UK among the worst in western Europe for press freedom
- 15:01 Volunteers wanted for Spring Clean Day
- 15:00 Nigel Clough hails impact of Burton Albion's Hope Akpan after...
- 15:00 Man arrested in Pudsey over shots fired at house in Bradford
- 15:00 Motorist cheats death after car flips onto roof on busy Wigan road
- 15:00 Search for missing Holbeach teen
- 14:59 Meet the candidates in the Houghton ward for the Sunderland City...
- 14:58 Father killed newborn daughter by deliberately crushing her skull
- 14:57 Lancashire Police warning about child grooming in theatre show
- 14:57 Millom man to appeal conviction for offensive website post
- 14:57 Rihanna is on fire in sneak peek of new lingerie range Savage
- 14:56 Man arrested in Pudsey over shots fired at house in Bradford
- 14:55 Crafts and more in aid of Revesby Church funds
- 14:54 Universities racing up the league tables
- 14:54 Lifeline’s lost as bus is scrapped
- 14:54 Eleanor writes a prize article
- 14:54 Gamer John is a rising star in awards stakes
- 14:54 Investigation underway after woman’s body found in river at...
- 14:53 Alfie Evans is ‘struggling’ at Alder Hey hospital Court of Appeal...