Gold on track for budding engineers
Young engineers have struck gold by winning national recognition for a project.
The pupils - Alec Cavell-Taylor, Patrick Moon, Jonathan Tanner and John Ashton - had to complete around 70 hours of project work to achieve the highest accolade in CREST, a UK-wide award scheme to support students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and maths.
The challenge began for the Ripon Grammar School boys early last year when they were set their task by international engineering company Siemens to design and prototype a train detection system.
Patrick explained: “It had to be cheap to implement... read more
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...
- 11:29 Tamworth FC boss Morrell is desperate for consistency
- 11:25 Arsene Wenger’s brother lifts lid on ‘problem’ at Arsenal
- 11:24 Former Chelsea midfielder: I felt sick to the stomach after this
- 11:24 GREECE IN PANIC: Citizens withdraw £2.1bn from banks in 45 DAYS...
- 11:24 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:23 Icelandic fishermen to sail again as strike ends
- 11:22 Vitamin D can help stave of colds and flu say doctors
- 11:21 A year ago, Israel, Jordan and Egypt secretly met for peace - report