GMC investigating surgeon following death of Luigi Belcuore
AN investigation into the conduct of the surgeon involved in the tragic death of Luigi Belcuore has begun.
The GMC (General Medical Council) is investigating surgeon professor James Richardson following the death of Mr Belcuore, from Morton Bagot, near Studley, in 2009.
The business man, 43, underwent a relatively straightforward operation at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry.
However the surgery, which had been testing new techniques for treating knee cartilage problems, ended tragically when Mr Richardson injected air into his knee joint.
It caused an air... read more
- 07:23 The big fat cancer curse: Scientists link obesity to THIRTEEN types...
- 07:23 Costa Del Brawl! Two taxi drivers VIOLENTLY wrestle in the road...
- 07:22 Arsenal Transfer News: Arsene Wenger gets green light on three...
- 07:22 Transfer News: Liverpool duo talks, Arsenal's Mustafi alternative,...
- 07:22 Jurgen Klopp reveals his big ambition for the next six seasons at...
- 07:19 Opinion: Mark Weeks, risk management consultant at Wilby Ltd
- 07:19 Man threatened Emley Post Office owner
- 07:15 Blacon children make new resident for care home garden
- 07:15 Chester apprentice one of the first to enrol on new Pizza Hut...
- 07:14 Burglar jailed after ‘You’re being robbed!’ taunt
- 07:14 Appeal launched as fridge freezers dumped outside gates of Preston...
- 07:12 Highways firm celebrates its tenth birthday
- 07:12 ‘Unbelievable’ new squash record is set
- 07:11 Father and son stole nearly £1,000 from Skegness Pier gaming machines
- 07:11 'My Victoria is a miracle' Girl, 14, fights back from brain damage...
- 07:11 Pneumatic octopus is a first for soft robotics
- 07:10 Athletics: Tips from former Olympian Ian Mackie helps Greg Kelly...
- 07:09 OAP guilty of causing Shropshire motorcyclist's death on A49
- 07:09 Shrewsbury Copthorne Barracks: MP Daniel Kawczynski backs plans to...
- 07:09 Arsenal Transfer News: Mourinho blocks Man Utd move, Pique's...
- 07:06 GCSE results day arrives in South Cumbria
- 07:06 Barrow student enjoying college one year on from GCSEs
- 07:06 Warped woman pays friend to HACK OFF her feet and hands for...
- 07:06 Schoolchildren as young as THREE to get training on how to survive...
- 07:05 National burger day: Where to get the 7 best burgers in London
- 07:05 15 people who did amazing things without amazing exam results
- 07:05 easyJet flight delayed because cabin crew started fighting
- 07:02 Daughter's £15k fraud on elderly mum's bank account
- 07:01 Man charged with murder of British backpacker Mia Ayliffe-Chung
- 07:00 Lincolnshire GCSE results day - LIVE