Global stocks fall, bond yields retreat from four-month highs
Stocks around the globe were lower on Monday and European bond yields fell from four-month highs as worries continued over the health of the global economy.
U.S. stocks remained near their late Friday levels as the global risk-off mood clashed with a well-received earnings update from Bank of America, the country's second-largest bank by assets.
A dip in energy and healthcare stocks offset the boost to financials from Bank of America's strong results.
"I think we're headed for a bumpy session with earnings leading the way," said Peter Cardillo, chief market economist at First... read more
- 00:40 PSG attempting to land Kylian Mbappe on loan from Monaco due to...
- 00:38 One dead and at least seven missing after earthquake strikes...
- 00:37 Nicola Sturgeon and Carwyn Jones hold Brexit talks
- 00:37 Scottish leg of Queen's Commonwealth baton relay due to start
- 00:37 Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award
- 00:37 Brexit: UK seeks 'close co-operation' on legal disputes deal
- 00:34 Edinburgh Fringe: THIS has been named as the funniest joke of the...
- 00:32 Angola to vote to replace long-serving President Dos Santos
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell gets a surprise visitor after...
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Shock return for killer child Bobby Beale?
- 00:30 AIs that learn from photos become SEXIST and associate women with...
- 00:30 Chimpanzees AND humans spontaneously copy others to pass on new...
- 00:27 The Battle of Hill 70: Canada's forgotten World War One victory
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'
- 00:10 How a school play about Aboriginal history set off a row