Global stocks fall, bond yields retreat from four-month highs
Stocks around the globe were lower on Monday and European bond yields fell from four-month highs as worries continued over the health of the global economy.
U.S. stocks remained near their late Friday levels as the global risk-off mood clashed with a well-received earnings update from Bank of America, the country's second-largest bank by assets.
A dip in energy and healthcare stocks offset the boost to financials from Bank of America's strong results.
"I think we're headed for a bumpy session with earnings leading the way," said Peter Cardillo, chief market economist at First... read more
- 04:21 Anti-Trump protester sparks CHAOS after using 'PEPPER SPRAY to...
- 04:15 Jesse Lingard reveals how Gareth Southgate's young England squad...
- 04:10 Chinese authorities block Sydney academic from boarding flight home
- 04:05 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:48 Vietnamese detainee dies in Japan's immigration centre - sources
- 03:48 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:47 Roadworks: What's happening in Leicester this week?
- 03:44 Thandie Newton joins cast of hit police drama Line Of Duty
- 03:44 Book by Auschwitz survivor tops German biography best-seller list
- 03:40 Norway boss Lars Lagerback gives thoughts on links to England job
- 03:36 EXCLUSIVE: Man City paying extraordinary amounts to keep Joe Hart...
- 03:34 Scarborough retailer prosecuted for selling e-cigarette to teenager
- 03:32 Night-time loo trips 'linked to salt in diet'
- 03:28 Can long-haul air travel also be low cost?
- 03:28 'We should not be the most backward country on maternity pay'
- 03:15 Guyana's transgender activists fight archaic law
- 03:15 The place where children can be very unlucky with their names
- 03:13 Coronation Street spoilers: Horror for Tracy Barlow as Amy...
- 03:13 Mud, sweat and cheers: The rise of obstacle course racing
- 03:11 Entertainment news round-up: 19-25 March
- 03:11 Line of Duty: All you need to know to get up to speed for series four
- 03:09 Art world's Welsh national gallery wish list
- 02:59 'Why is Gary Barlow wearing a suit made out of my gran's...
- 02:59 Nipping out for the evening! Braless Naomi Campbell, 46, stuns in a...
- 02:59 Stuck Right Now, Thank You Very Much! Geri Horner is left panic...
- 02:59 All Wright on the night! Former TOWIE star Jessica sizzles in...
- 02:59 Alesha Dixon puts on a seriously leggy display in olive green suit...
- 02:59 Megan McKenna reduced to tears as her relationship with Pete Wicks...
- 02:50 Jurgen Klopp can lead Liverpool to glory - Gary McAllister
- 02:48 National mortality statistics at health trust published