Global stocks fall after Yellen bank remarks, oil seesaws
U.S. stock prices slipped on Wednesday after comments from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen raised concerns about increased banking regulations, while oil prices rose in choppy trading amid hopes of an output agreement and data showing a bigger-than-expected increase in U.S. gasoline inventories.
The dollar rose against the euro EUR= as European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said low interest rates are needed to revive growth and governments need to do their part if they want rates to eventually return to normal levels.
U.S. and German government bond yields were little changed,... read more
- 10:35 Youngsters enjoy ‘out of this world’ event
- 10:35 Dating app creator reassures users over online safety
- 10:35 Slaven Bilic to hold crisis talks with West Ham board today after...
- 10:34 LETTER: Breast cancer - Life-saving drugs cost just 43p a day
- 10:34 Long delays on M1 after vehicle fire and collision
- 10:33 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:32 Mitsui buys 20 percent stake in Shell's offshore oil fields in Gulf
- 10:32 Sepp Blatter to learn fate on FIFA ban for 'disloyal payment' to...
- 10:31 Business machines supplier upgrades premises
- 10:31 Jet2holidays launches new package
- 10:31 Dating app creator reassures users over online safety
- 10:31 How new children's hospital at Leicester Royal Infirmary may look
- 10:31 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Ariel Winter wows in a plunging gown with a racy sheer skirt as she...
- 10:30 Kendall Jenner sizzles in racy sheer lingerie as she shows off...
- 10:31 Shanghai Shenhua claim ‘breakthrough’ in transfer deal for...
- 10:30 'I want it every day': Wayne Bridge reveals he would love to have...
- 10:31 Police called to reports of elderly man walking on M6
- 10:30 Ola Jordan flaunts her washboard abs and sizzling curves in a...
- 10:30 Liam Payne's Facebook is hacked with pornographic images... just...
- 10:30 Chloe Moretz shows off her edgy sense of style as she suits up in a...
- 10:30 'You can babysit for Cheryl': Brian Friedman awkwardly answers...
- 10:30 Train smashes into car on level crossing at 100mph – moments after...
- 10:30 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:29 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 10:28 City Hospital bosses should be ashamed over Archway of Tears...
- 10:28 QUIZ: Sweeter side of 'have cake and eat it'
- 10:28 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:28 QUIZ: Mark World Ninja Day by checking which keyboard warrior you are