Global stocks, euro rise as Deutsche Bank shares rebound
Stock prices across major markets stabilized on Friday, while the euro recovered as Deutsche Bank's shares clawed up from record lows on a report it is close to a deal to reduce a massive U.S. settlement over misselling mortgage bonds.
Brent crude prices fell as traders booked profits on a rally underpinned by an OPEC agreement to reduce output for the first time in eight years to address global oversupply.
U.S., German government bond yields rose as investors trimmed holdings in reaction to the gains on Wall Street and in European equity markets.
"Wall Street was right to worry about... read more
- 14:11 Thomasina Miers' recipe for raspberry, cardamom and almond cake
- 14:11 Best friend of Sheffield's tragic Jarvin Blake pleads guilty to...
- 14:11 Devoted dad 'battered to death with cricket bat' after 'confronting...
- 14:10 UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed police operation in...
- 14:10 Planning applications: What is being built where you live?
- 14:09 Reading bug hits school students
- 14:09 Chris Grayling accused of ‘running scared’ as he pulls out of...
- 14:09 Solicitor is found guilty of stealing Wigan firm’s cash
- 14:08 Gentle old horse had to be put down after thugs cut its tongue out
- 14:08 Poundworld to hold 'closing down' sales as administrators insist...
- 14:06 Support proves key for teachers and children alike in Kenya’s...
- 14:06 UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed police operation in...
- 14:05 Bumper crowd turns out for Cleary's Home Show
- 14:03 Work continues on derelict Central Plaza Hotel in Carlisle
- 14:02 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 14:01 Appeal to trace family of Washington man
- 14:00 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 14:00 Charity cyclist to set off at border
- 14:00 Should cobbles make a return to town centre?
- 14:00 Woman found after police appeal
- 14:00 RSPB: Frogs and toads are disappearing from Cumbrian gardens
- 14:00 Mesh bags are a thing this summer so our wallets can rejoice
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’