Global monetary easing moves hit 200th milestone since Jan 2015
Armenia does not often take the global financial spotlight but a routine rate cut by the tiny former Soviet republic this week marked a global milestone - the 200th case of policy easing worldwide since the start of last year.
Fifty seven central banks have cut rates or pumped stimulus into their economies since January 1, 2015, to boost growth, raise inflation or both, highlighting the continued fragility of the global economy eight years after the financial crisis.
And even as the financial crash of 2008 and subsequent Great Recession recede further in the rear view mirror, the level of... read more
- 08:36 Vodafone roll out 4G in another pocket of Cumbria
- 08:35 Where is BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017 being held?
- 08:35 Hull City news and rumours LIVE - Ryan Mason updates and Tigers...
- 08:35 Aston Villa: Tony Xia brilliantly trolls transfer-hungry fans
- 08:34 Father pictured risking child’s life by walking on frozen lake
- 08:33 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why anorexia has no respect for age
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: I'm knocked out by boxercise, says Julia Bradbury
- 08:33 Poulton couple saved from 'nasty and toxic' blaze by fire doors
- 08:33 E-cigarettes are getting non-smoking teens hooked on nicotine:...
- 08:32 Super snowdrop show
- 08:32 Record-breaking year for outlet
- 08:31 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:31 ‘The world is watching’ US spies claim Trump’s ties to Russia could...
- 08:30 Pundit: This is impressing me most about Chelsea under Antonio Conte
- 08:30 European shares weighed down by banks, Essentra warning; Generali...
- 08:30 Australia police probe firearms death during making of hip hop video
- 08:30 Woman, 93, died after choking on her lunch despite efforts of care...
- 08:30 Watch as emotional crowd sees mum have head shaved for cancer charity
- 08:27 Parking on Barrow Island: Is it a problem?
- 08:27 Man jailed after breaching restraining order in Barrow four times
- 08:28 Sunderland and Newcastle United fans come together to support brave...
- 08:27 Wardens called in to Ulverston to catch dog poo criminals in the act
- 08:28 Missing South Yorkshire teenager found safe and well
- 08:27 'Supply drugs and we will catch you'
- 08:27 Council tax bills in South Lakeland set to increase by £5
- 08:27 Dalton pupils nearing fundraising total to pay for once in a...
- 08:27 PM faces increasing demand for answers over failed Trident test
- 08:27 Barrow MP visits front line NHS staff battling the ongoing winter...
- 08:27 Air ambulance lands at Matlock Town FC after supporter collapsed
- 08:27 Fried foods such as chips and crisps could increase cancer risk,...