GLOBAL MARKETS-Oil jumps on crude draw; Wall Street rises
* Oil surges 2 pct to June highs
* U.S. stocks gain after two days of losses
* U.S. services sector surges to 11-month high
* European markets rattled by ECB "taper" talk (Updates with U.S. afternoon trading)
By Lewis Krauskopf
NEW YORK, Oct 5 Oil prices surged on Wednesday after a report showed a drop in U.S. crude stockpiles, fuelling energy shares and helping lift Wall Street along with encouraging economic data.
In Europe, bond yields jumped while the pan-European STOXX index fell 0.6 percent, with markets rattled by the prospect of the region's central bank eventually winding... read more
- 08:09 BREAKING: Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies aged 83
- 08:09 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann can be replaced at...
- 08:09 Andres Iniesta casts doubt over future at Barcelona as he suggests...
- 08:08 North East voters 'trust Labour with NHS', survey shows
- 08:08 Marketing students flying the flag for Whitby Town
- 08:08 Potato growers dig the latest smartphone technology
- 08:08 A rare glimpse into the lost world of Camelot
- 08:07 Police seize nuisance bike from park
- 08:06 French Open 2017: Tim Henman reveals Andy Murray concerns ahead of...
- 08:06 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Perez exit, Wenger told to sign...
- 08:06 8 reasons to visit Poole – including Brownsea Island and Corfe Castle
- 08:06 TOWIE’S Chris Clark reveals reason behind split from Jesy Nelson:...
- 08:05 Hartlepool man’s benefit claim nightmare
- 08:05 Sea Cadets scoop welcome donation
- 08:05 Countdown to Armed Forces Day 2017 to continue with services events
- 08:05 Car bomb outside ice cream shop kills 13 during Ramadan in Baghdad
- 08:05 Dog’s shocking injuries after ‘excessive force’ by airport staff
- 08:04 Leading the way in the new digital age
- 08:04 Walney Wind Farm owners in £1bn deal
- 08:04 Help for firms to cast net in pool of talent
- 08:04 Non-political evening to mark opening of Windermere office
- 08:04 Six Cumbria firms in running for £10k prize revealed
- 08:04 Residents in Cumbrian town fed up with repeated vandalism
- 08:04 Barrow men play key roles in firm pioneering technology
- 08:03 First picture of zookeeper Rosa King killed in horrific tiger...
- 08:02 'She was a guardian angel' - family of Michelle Kiss pay emotional...
- 08:01 Cumbrian cadets jet off on 'training mission' to Cyprus
- 08:01 Burst water main in South Tyneside this morning
- 07:59 Manchester United’s Ander Herrera to be offered new contract amid...
- 07:57 SNP manifesto: End austerity, tax raise and own immigration policy