GLOBAL MARKETS-Commodity stocks lift shares; Brexit, inflation in focus
* Weak dollar lifts oil, metals; commodity stocks rise
* UK inflation jumps, sterling up on Brexit deal vote hint
* U.S. inflation due, dollar down as investors mull Fed outlook
By Nigel Stephenson
LONDON, Oct 18 Rising commodity prices pulled shares higher and the dollar slipped from a seven-month peak on Tuesday, while sterling jumped on suggestions the UK parliament would have to ratify any deal for Britain to leave the European Union.
Wall Street looked set to follow European and Asian stocks markets higher, according to index futures .
U.S. inflation data due later will also be a focus... read more
- 13:03 Livingston boxer Martin Taylor signs deal with MTK Scotland
- 13:02 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 13:02 When should you put your Christmas tree up?
- 13:01 What are the signs that a child might be a victim of abuse? What to...
- 13:01 Labour’s ‘cringe’ WhatsApp group backfires on 2017 Budget
- 13:00 Is controversial Vance Miller the businessman behind Furniture at...
- 12:59 Liverpool spark Jurgen Klopp and Jordan Henderson fears after...
- 12:59 Ashes: Graeme Swann reveals England tactical change to give them...
- 12:59 Cristiano Ronaldo identifies the 'rotten apple' at Real Madrid and...
- 12:59 Man arrested on terrorism offences following raid in Nelson
- 12:58 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 LIVE: The Budget as it happens
- 12:57 When is the shortest day and what does winter solstice mean?
- 12:57 Homework was a big part of PNE's win says Alex Neil
- 12:56 Cops catch hungry housebreaker asleep on job after he crashed out...
- 12:56 Budget 2017 live: Philip Hammond promises a ‘balanced approach’
- 12:56 UPDATED 12.34pm: Schools closed, roads across Barrow and South...
- 12:56 Bag a Black Friday bargain with Virgin Trains NOW
- 12:56 Lefties are good at fast-paced sports such as tennis and cricket...
- 12:54 This is why your Talktalk Youview box hasn't been recording
- 12:54 Heathrow Airport welcomes back adorable Walsall teddy bears for new...
- 12:54 "It looked better than most games this season." Aston Villa's...
- 12:54 Masked robbers steal ATM cash during ram raid at Halifax in Shirley
- 12:54 This is why Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has aimed an angry blast at...
- 12:54 Video: All the action from the Grantham Journal Business Awards
- 12:54 Hunt for murderer who has absconded from HMP Spring Hill
- 12:53 Watch the Budget 2017 live as Chancellor Philip Hammond announces...
- 12:52 BUDGET 2017 IN BRIEF: The key points of Chancellor Philip Hammond's...
- 12:52 Budget 2017: Philip Hammond outlines 2017 Budget in Parliament
- 12:52 Amazon Black Friday page has offer for pet electric shock mats