Global deal to cut dangerous HFC emissions
200 states sign up to limit greenhouse gas
NEARLY 200 states agreed a legally binding deal in the Rwandan capital Kigali at the weekend to limit use of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) in a bid to fight climate change.
HFC, used in air conditioners and refrigerators, is the world’s fastest-growing climate pollutant and more damaging than carbon dioxide.
UN secretary-general Ban Ki Moon called the new deal “critically important.”
The agreement caps and reduces the use of HFC in a gradual process beginning by 2019 with action by developed countries.
More than 100 developing countries, including... read more
- 11:39 Jacques Cousteau's relationship with son revisited in new film
- 11:39 Stoke City transfer news and rumours LIVE! Mark Hughes issues...
- 11:36 What can I do this weekend in Cumbria?
- 11:36 Celtic star Stuart Armstrong pens new contract with Hoops until...
- 11:36 New venue for Lakeland Country Fair
- 11:36 Manchester United arrive for training as Chris Smalling takes swipe...
- 11:36 Father-of-two is first identified victim of Barcelona terror attack
- 11:36 South Cumbria child sex offender sentenced
- 11:36 Nemanja Matic believes Manchester United are a bigger club than...
- 11:34 'Times Square is well-protected' NEW YORK steps up security after...
- 11:34 US warning to North Korea over Japan threat - 'An attack on one is...
- 11:34 Samurai sword attack at Taiwan's presidential palace
- 11:33 FC Stratford sign prolific striker Parker from Stratford Town
- 11:33 "Sick taunts, attacks, making my life hell"
- 11:31 Restoration at church brings tears of joy
- 11:31 Teacher Kerry is a superhero double
- 11:31 The touching way this coffee shop paid tribute to 'special'...
- 11:31 Mark Lawrenson’s Premier League predictions: Who will win at the...
- 11:30 It’s not okay for men to move you out of the way by putting their...
- 11:28 Our A Level results have got better again - despite attempts to...
- 11:28 Man dies after crash closes A16 for several hours
- 11:28 Independent inquiry announced into Hope and Glory Festival
- 11:28 Liverpool India Buildings arcade stall holders plan public sit-in
- 11:28 Teen jailed for nine years for killing promising young footballer...
- 11:28 Watch: Police release images of wanted men after football violence
- 11:28 Man stole almost £20,000 from employer's petty cash
- 11:26 More delays for second consultation
- 11:26 Tributes paid to community stalwart
- 11:26 Stars pitch up to help victims of sex abuse
- 11:26 'They got us!' North Korea beaten United States with nuclear war...