Global deal to cut dangerous HFC emissions
200 states sign up to limit greenhouse gas
NEARLY 200 states agreed a legally binding deal in the Rwandan capital Kigali at the weekend to limit use of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) in a bid to fight climate change.
HFC, used in air conditioners and refrigerators, is the world’s fastest-growing climate pollutant and more damaging than carbon dioxide.
UN secretary-general Ban Ki Moon called the new deal “critically important.”
The agreement caps and reduces the use of HFC in a gradual process beginning by 2019 with action by developed countries.
More than 100 developing countries, including... read more
- 15:09 Disabled puppy's inspiring tale to be shown on The Supervet tonight...
- 15:07 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:07 Attempted murder victim ran over by Mercedes, chased and then...
- 15:07 Cops hunt man after 27-year-old left with serious injuries in...
- 15:07 Farmers to help shape future of agriculture
- 15:06 Remembering Tank, who was an ‘inspirational father’
- 15:06 Holy Island pilgrimage to be held
- 15:06 Shakespeare set to music by five fools
- 15:06 Tesco urges watchdog to speed up probe
- 15:05 Hebburn high rise building to be used for fire training exercises
- 15:05 Rail bridge is new home for Hucknall community artworks
- 15:05 Michael Ball loved every second of gig in Scarborough "monsoon"
- 15:05 Jobs in Notts on offer now that pay more than £30k a year
- 15:05 New island forms on North Carolina's Atlantic coast
- 15:05 Trump mocks TV host Mika Brzezinski's 'bleeding facelift'
- 15:05 South Africa: Charges over secret breast milk filming
- 15:04 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:04 Business forum is set to be launched
- 15:02 Hesketh Bank GP to move into portable cabin
- 15:01 Burton Hospital bingo session announced
- 15:01 Police investigating reported rape of a man in Rotherham
- 15:01 The virtual reality girlfriends you can FEEL: Cyber dating...
- 15:01 Japan announces plans to put a man on the moon by 2030 as 'Asian...
- 15:01 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:01 Elon Musk reveals his 'Godot' machine has started tunnelling...
- 15:01 Turn your entire DESK into a touchscreen: Projector screws in like...
- 15:01 You are entitled to three types of breaks at work: Here's the law
- 15:01 Californian pizzeria delivers piping hot pies to your door in FOUR...
- 15:01 S&P, Dow set to open slightly higher as banks get Fed boost
- 15:00 Walgreens scraps Rite Aid takeover, to buy half its stores