Glencore hopes for Moroccan refinery restart to recoup money
Glencore (GLEN.L), one of the main creditors of Morocco's sole refinery, still has hopes the idled plant will restart so lenders can gradually recoup their money, despite repeated failures to get it up and running.
Glencore's global head of oil, Alex Beard, told the Reuters Commodities Summit that those involved in the court-ordered liquidation of refiner Samir (SAMI.CS) were working towards restarting the Mohammedia refinery.
"The liquidator in Morocco ... has taken the view that the refinery needs to run," Beard said.
"He's talking to a variety of people, he's talking to a... read more
- 01:18 Met Police use more force against black people, figures suggest
- 01:17 New Zealand happy to forget the UK's 'betrayal'
- 01:17 Water resistant sunscreen claims ‘meaningless’, says Which?
- 01:15 Google 'stole my video', says film-maker Philip Bloom
- 01:12 F1 news: Lewis Hamilton gives Mercedes contract update ahead of...
- 01:12 World Cup 2018: Which of the 32 nations will have the biggest...
- 01:12 Arsenal transfer news: Sky Sports pundit on what Unai Emery must do...
- 01:12 Man Utd coach Jose Mourinho slammed over treatment of THREE United...
- 01:06 Church of England offers prayers read by Amazon's Alexa
- 01:00 The Yorkshire Post says: A modest hero. 103-year-old poppy seller’s...
- 01:00 The Yorkshire Post says: Transparency test. Academies must reveal...
- 00:56 Sudoku 4068 hard
- 00:51 Edinburgh Tattoo set to go on the road overseas every year
- 00:48 Graham Richardson: Why Brexit could uproot success of Yorkshire...
- 00:48 Jayne Dowle: Why Meghan’s quiet revolution will make Royal history
- 00:39 EU split over exclusion of UK from Galileo after Brexit
- 00:33 Irish abortion referendum: The women travelling #HomeToVote
- 00:32 Teen arrested in Hertfordshire on suspicion of terrorism offences
- 00:30 Independent Scotland in line for £22bn breakaway bonanza, SNP...
- 00:29 MPs will vote on Brexit legislation in weeks so May can avoid...
- 00:26 NHS needs £2,000 in tax from every household to stay afloat – report
- 00:23 Buy a masterpiece for 65p! New stamps by Tracey Emin, Yinka...
- 00:19 Brexit deal cannot include return to hard border - Jeremy Corbyn
- 00:17 UK's new Sea Ceptor missile system enters into service
- 00:15 Lucy Bronze targets Champions League glory with Lyon in Kiev
- 00:13 Hundreds of schools have had no Ofsted inspection for a decade –...
- 00:10 Corbyn presses May to end Stormont deadlock in Northern Ireland
- 00:06 Alarming dive in Farnes puffin numbers
- 00:06 England World Cup squad: Jack Butland gutted by Joe Hart axing by...
- 00:02 NHS needs £2,000 in tax from every household to stay afloat – report