Give me back my face, pleads pensioner
A man disfigured after surgery to remove a cancerous growth has been waiting more than EIGHT YEARS for doctors to put it right.
Edward Crook has been left with no nose and had part of his mouth and most of the muscles in his shoulder removed during the surgery in 2008, leaving him disabled and barely able to leave his home.
They put me in a coma for two and a half months. They cut me to pieces but I was in a coma so I didn’t know anything about it. I was never told why they did it either - they just said it was necessary Edward Crook The 71-year-old retired engineer claims he was initially... read more
- 06:22 'Do you have any ectoplasm? Is it vaginal?' The return of punk...
- 06:22 Gennady Golovkin brands Canelo Alvarez a CHEAT in latest outburst...
- 06:21 Mark O’Donnell: Mainstream schools don’t work for many...
- 06:21 Alex Cole-Hamilton: SNP should make cannabis oil available on NHS
- 06:21 Muffins found to have ‘more sugar than can of Coke’
- 06:21 Lib Dems’ Alex Cole-Hamilton admits to cannabis use at university
- 06:21 Tai Chi ‘better than aerobic exercise’ for chronic pain relief
- 06:21 Royal Infirmary misses waiting time targets for six months
- 06:19 Brexit blue passports will be made by French/Dutch company in Europe
- 06:15 Preston North End owner Trevor Hemmings delighted with work of...
- 06:14 Former Staffordshire Regiment soldier Mark Inman shares his battle...
- 06:13 More magistrates needed in Warwickshire
- 06:13 Government to launch new Fintech taskforce and links with Australia
- 06:13 The Hepworth Wakefield announces 2018 Sculpture Prize shortlist
- 06:11 This studio was created by Hartlepool students - and it’s out of...
- 06:11 Search for a solution pledge over flooded Hartlepool cemetery plots
- 06:12 Roma chief issues huge transfer update on Alisson amid Liverpool...
- 06:11 Ewe beauties! Nature reserve gets ready to welcome cute new arrivals
- 06:11 Car parking charges set to resume at popular coastline
- 06:11 Match of the day as Hartlepool couple who met at football game...
- 06:11 John Oliver's gay rabbit book parody outsells Mike Pence's original...
- 06:11 Hartlepool woman found guilty of assaulting her grandmother
- 06:11 First black female high commissioner appointed by Foreign Office
- 06:10 Youngster’s half-marathon effort in memory of Thrapston footballer Ben
- 06:10 Wellingborough bridge to shut today for six months
- 06:10 Rushden Mayor honours people who help make town a better place
- 06:10 Corby bus users will benefit from service changes
- 06:10 Northamptonshire Police ‘unable to meet the demand it faces’
- 06:10 BBC host Sara Cox brings energy to late night radio
- 06:05 The retired fireman and a French magician: Meet the unlikely people...