Give children flu spray so they don't infect grandma: NHS warns parents that youngsters are 'super-spreaders of the disease after just one in five take up offer of free vaccination
Children should receive flu vaccines to stop them infecting their grandparents at Christmas parties, the NHS advised yesterday.
Infants and those in primary schools are ‘super-spreaders’ of the illness, bosses said.
All children up to the age of nine are entitled to a free vaccination given as a nasal spray.
But uptake has been low so far this year. Fewer than one in five of eligible children – or just 18 per cent – have been vaccinated.
With less than a month before Christmas, experts said children should be vaccinated to protect the elderly and others who are vulnerable.
This way they... read more
- 12:05 Last chance to enter competition inspired by Emily
- 12:05 Eco-friendly Cumbria council hits recycling target
- 12:03 Daily Telegraph cartoonist Matt 'turning into character'
- 12:02 ‘Born with skis on’: Norway celebrates Winter Olympics medal record
- 12:01 Great North Air Ambulance braved freezing temperatures to rescue...
- 12:01 Sea Scouts receive cash boost thanks to choir
- 12:00 'If only more Brits were like Filipinos' - readers react to nursing...
- 11:58 Local writers to host comedy sketch show in Alvingham and Louth
- 11:56 EU ‘has lost Christian narrative’ in bid to expand bloc's borders,...
- 11:55 New pcsos welcomed to Notttinghamshire Police
- 11:55 The Queen makes a SHOCK London Fashion Week appearance on the front...
- 11:53 Watch Ant and Dec's hilarious dance routine with Kylie Minogue on...
- 11:52 Coventry fashion brand stages ambitious show - in the middle of...
- 11:52 This is when the snow is likely to hit Coventry and Warwickshire...
- 11:52 Boy, 13, ‘raped and burned’ before his mum’s boyfriend beat him...
- 11:50 North Korea willing to hold talks with US, says South Korea
- 11:49 Ian Murray: If we don’t back soft Brexit, Labour won’t be forgiven
- 11:48 North Korea are ‘open to talks with the US’
- 11:47 Let your hair go natural
- 11:45 How they rated: Our marks out of 10 after Preston’s dismal defeat...
- 11:44 This is one piece of theatre you’ll not forget in a hurry
- 11:44 Signed, Sealed, Delivered to the Theatre Royal
- 11:41 Lincolnshire police may issue villagers with power to hand out...
- 11:41 Billy Morgan pushed home in shopping trolley after celebrating...
- 11:39 New pcsos welcomed to Notttinghamshire Police
- 11:38 Kind-hearted girl plans to walk equivalent distance of three times...
- 11:37 Championship: Sunderland equalise late on against Middlesbrough,...
- 11:36 Leeds Stainbeck Lane dug up again after days for urgent gas repairs
- 11:36 Beautiful sunset inspires local photographers
- 11:36 WEEKEND WEB: Our lost railway heritage