Girl suffers burns in deep fat fryer incident
A young girl was rushed to hospital with burns after an alarming incident involving a deep fat fryer.
The air ambulance landed on a nearby open space but it was later confirmed the girl was taken to the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital by the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) rather than by helicopter.
Reports on Facebook suggested the girl had suffered the injuries by pulling the deep fat fryer over towards herself, splashing her with the hot oil.
Well-wishers took to social media to express their shock at what had happened and to hope for a speedy recovery.
Messages posted later in... read more
- 17:12 10 most complained-about adverts in 2016
- 17:12 Coventry City digest: On the day Sky Blues beat the Champions of...
- 17:12 Coventry City opponents Fleetwood splash cash on forward ahead of...
- 17:11 Britain will champion a free market that works for all, claims PM
- 17:11 Spaniels stolen from farm and dog handler’s van
- 17:11 Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks to close 40 more branches this year:...
- 17:10 Paul Ince makes shock Manchester United and Liverpool transfer claim
- 17:10 Caring schoolgirls set up charity fundraising group
- 17:09 Inmate at Lincoln prison dies in custody
- 17:09 Cumbria crime chief backs Big Sleep event
- 17:09 Notts GCSE results up on last year
- 17:09 Sturgeon: Scottish Government makes sure taxpayers get better deal...
- 17:08 Mental health is a pressing issue for all
- 17:08 Watford closing in on deal for Mauro Zarate as Walter Mazzarri...
- 17:07 Drivers warned of A1 weekend closures as footbridge is replaced
- 17:07 Tyne Tunnel single lane closures to be extended
- 17:06 Watch Derby Olympic swimmer Adam Peaty star in Quorn national TV...
- 17:06 Know these men? Police investigate 'racist remarks' at Derby County...
- 17:05 Heartbroken mum, 21, killed herself after struggling to cope with...
- 17:05 UPDATED: Power lines collapse closing stretch of A157 between...
- 17:05 Free Link ATMs could start charging for withdrawals
- 17:04 9 herbal gins you need to try
- 17:04 Can you tell the difference between high end and high street make-up?
- 17:04 Gambia unrest thwarts university research and conservation trip
- 17:04 Lads’ coach trip to Marbs hits the box
- 17:03 Prem rivals want Chelsea star: Four-year deal ready, player...
- 17:03 Mark Allen admits he needs to lose weight and stop eating takeaways
- 17:03 Deal off: Star man rejects move away from Middlesbrough: He wants...
- 17:02 Grimsby Town TRANSFER NEWS: Mariners SIGN Chris Clements from...
- 17:02 WATCH: From twerking builders to Scottish football fans: 10 most...