Girl left in coma with meningitis after piece of wood pierced her brain

A ten year-old girl almost died of meningitis after a 48 pound piece of plywood broke her nose and pierced her brain. 
Chloe Clark was injured by the falling plank while her dad Jared worked on the roof of their home in Ardmore, Al.
It struck her so hard that it smashed the bridge of Chloe’s nose, with pieces of the wood also piercing the protective layer of her brain, meaning bacteria from her sinuses had leaked through and given her spinal meningitis.
Recalling the moment of the freak accident a fortnight ago, Jared said: ‘It hit the fencing and went straight through it, like it wasn’t... read more

30 January 2018 in Hot News, Views: 34
Source: Metro

News Widget for Webmasters

Realtime News


Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28