Girl, 2, died after swallowing battery that eroded in her throat for ‘some time’
A toddler died after she swallowed a spare battery, an inquest heard.
Francesca Asan, aged two, started bleeding from her nose and mouth after the 3 volt battery lodged in her throat and corroded.
The battery had been intended for a pair of 3D glasses which went with a 3D television, an inquest in Basingstoke heard.
Muggers left 85-year-old woman with ‘life-changing injuries’ during robbery Her dad George Asan had tried to hide it in a drawer, but she managed to pick it up and eat it despite his efforts.
Mr Asan, a former soldier and a father of six, said: ‘I thought they were safer in the... read more
- 07:41 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 25
- 07:40 Craig Hignett fears losing Hartlepool United stars in January
- 07:40 Man wielded meat cleaver at dog walker in the street
- 07:40 Undetected heart defect causes death of 9-day-old baby boy
- 07:39 Martin Flanagan: BBA chief stops short of apocalypse pow
- 07:37 Police release footage of lorry driver using his mobile as he...
- 07:37 Four dead after water raft ‘overturns’ at theme park
- 07:37 Drugged up driver left teenage friend to die after crashing
- 07:37 BREAKING: Four dead in freak accident on river rapids ride in theme...
- 07:35 At least three killed on ride at Australia's biggest theme park
- 07:34 £100 million Springfield Brewery revamp gets go-ahead
- 07:33 India puzzled by 'sacking' of Tata boss Cyrus Mistry
- 07:32 Parking bays will need to be repainted as part of St Giles Street’s...
- 07:32 Phipps NBC launch golden cask competition to mark brewing of...
- 07:32 A total of 22 fashion stores and pubs have shut-up-shop on...
- 07:31 Demonstration sees Swineshead pond dredged for free
- 07:31 Today's Weather: Some sunny spells
- 07:31 Five jobs instead of one as search for Lincolnshire’ top cop goes on
- 07:30 People trapped in South Tyneside crash
- 07:30 Chester Zoo is one of UK's most popular tourist attractions
- 07:29 Trafffic and travel: A38 now open at Claymills following collision...
- 07:29 Watford subject to EFL disciplinary investigation
- 07:26 Rurik Jutting: Hong Kong murder trial shown 'torture' video
- 07:25 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic should be dropped
- 07:23 Explosion hits southern Turkey's Antalya, ambulances sent to area
- 07:23 Al Shabaab gunmen kill intelligence officer in Somali capital
- 07:22 When fast food takeaways were blocked by councillors ...
- 07:22 Scunthorpe boxer Gemma Richardson takes silver medal in European...
- 07:22 Paddy Madden still looking to be top goalscorer for Scunthorpe United
- 07:22 Grab some cash for your community