Ghost stories that spook Grimsby: The green lady who haunts a hall
In the second of a new series, we look back through the Grimsby Telegraph archives to unearth some of the most mysterious ghost stories to have spooked the people of Grimsby. Alex Thorp looks back at a story published in 1955 about a Green Lady who haunts a hall in Louth and Lincoln.
DOES the Green Lady haunt both Thorpe Hall, Louth, and Scampton Hall, near Lincoln? There is a strong case for believing so.
But to piece the evidence together we go back to a dreary December day in 1935. It is half past four in the afternoon. In pouring rain a clergyman is driving his car along a narrow lane... read more
- 09:45 Birmingham pub bombings: Families to challenge inquest ruling
- 09:45 Ian Lavery MP received £165,000 from trade union
- 09:45 Committee luanches probe into immigration policies in Scotland
- 09:44 Boy's sailing dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:43 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 09:43 When is Storm Brian coming and where will it hit the UK?
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...
- 09:35 Hair: The Musical 50th Anniversary REVIEW: A lively revival
- 09:35 MH370: Malaysia in deal with US firm to restart plane search
- 09:34 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:34 Lancashire County Council's £28m cost of care for region's...
- 09:34 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho bid, Milner not for...
- 09:33 Iranian told he cannot stay in UK
- 09:33 Orange walks at risk following fresh legal advice