Getting mad or doing heavy exercise can double your risk of a heart attack within the hour
Getting very angry or upset more than doubles the risk of having a heart attack within an hour, scientists have found.
Doing intense exercise can also double the risk – while combining the two by exercising hard to burn off intense emotions can triple the risk.
An international study of more than 12,000 first-time heart attack patients from 52 countries found one in seven had either done heavy exercise or experienced intense emotions - or both – within the hour before the attack.
The risk was highest when heavy exercise was combined with anger or upset, such as in patients who had gone for... read more
- 07:53 Watch out for Santa’s sleigh
- 07:53 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 07:52 M1 crash near A52 Brian Clough Way causes traffic problems
- 07:51 Grimsby Town winger Ashley Chambers talks about his comeback from...
- 07:51 Grimsby Town vs Portsmouth MATCH PREVIEW: Ashley Chambers desperate...
- 07:50 Santa body shames nine-year-old boy
- 07:50 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger had the chance to sign this superstar...
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?