Get ready for the next HIV and Ebola: Experts warn illegal BUSHMEAT could cause a new food pandemic
At first glance, there seems to be nothing unusual about Ridley Road Market.
Like any other London market, there are stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetables, cheap electronics, artificial jewellery and other bits and bobs.
Then, the smell hits you.
Scroll down for videos
THE NEXT FOOD PANDEMIC Bushmeat is illegal in many countries that were forced to adopt strict rules following disease outbreaks that were linked to the import of wild meat.
Experts are worry that this meat will carry disease capable of jumping from animals to humans - a zoonotic disease.
Black death, Spanish flu and... read more
- 13:06 Birmingham City transfers: Watford join hunt for Swedish...
- 13:06 Heroin and cocaine seized in undercover police operation in South...
- 13:06 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar tipped to make shock return to UFC
- 13:06 Crystal Palace to complete signing of Premier League star this week
- 13:06 Morecambe Carnival bids for Red Arrows
- 13:05 Berwick team of ’67 are honoured at club’s 50th anniversary dinner
- 13:05 Harrow and Embleton top NN League tables
- 13:04 What have Barbie's boyfriend, One Direction and Strictly Come...
- 13:04 Letters - January 19, 2017
- 13:04 WATCH: Council apologises after road sweeper video goes viral
- 13:04 Teenager tells jury she had nightmares after allegedly being raped...
- 13:04 England scrum-half Ben Youngs backing Six Nations glory to support...
- 13:03 'Another poor signing!' How Birmingham City fans reacted to Diego...
- 13:03 Kings of Leon release EXTRA tickets for Birmingham concert - and...
- 13:03 These are the Birmingham branches HSBC plans to close
- 13:02 Is showering every day BAD for you? Cleaning with soap too often...
- 13:02 Update your iPhone software NOW: iOS 10.2.1 fixes 'devastating'...
- 13:02 Gruesome Roman skeleton is found with his tongue RIPPED out and...
- 13:02 Taylor hits late winner for Town
- 13:02 Beattie claims a creditable third place in his European outing
- 13:01 £2,000 bill after dead rats found in Halesowen pub cellar
- 13:01 Inquest opens on Ellie Underhill after Tesco car fall death
- 13:01 EasyJet shares tumble after £35m knock to finances
- 13:01 Dudley man in court over Winson Green prison riot
- 13:01 Search for suggestions to help save iconic Wolves church
- 13:01 Popular pub eyed up as new stop for Wolverhampton cabbies
- 13:00 HSBC to close 62 more branches this year
- 13:00 FTSE 100 rises as sterling slides
- 13:00 Manchester United set to create 300 new places for disabled fans in...
- 12:59 HSBC to close 62 branches: Is YOUR local bank to shut?