'Germany should be proud of migrant policy' Leftie billionaire Richard Branson wades in
The entrepreneur also said the country will benefit greatly in five years time.
Sir Richard was speaking in Munich to a crowd of 5,000 people about the benefits of migration.
Wearing full lederhosen, he said: “Germany should be proud of its refugee aid.
“The pictures of Germans who welcomed the immigrants have made me cry, and I think they have made many people all over the world cry.”
He said the “wonderful contrast” between the current situation and the "horror pictures" of death trains in Germany showed the country had made huge progress.
He said: “That was something very... read more
- 12:23 West: No hiding at Saints after disappointing start
- 12:22 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 12:22 Gender pay gap falls to 20-year low of 9.4%
- 12:22 Making money for Macmillan at Kirkby on Bain
- 12:22 Stanks Island revamp set for later next year
- 12:22 Harvest at Bucknall
- 12:21 Police launch appeal to find seven men in connection with trouble...
- 12:21 Alex Iwobi's nerves are holding him back in front of goal, says...
- 12:22 FA invests in new grassroots football project
- 12:21 The huge hack that took down big bits of the internet is ‘easy to...
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award