Germany's clash with Italy is part of video assistant referees test: How do the TV replays work and will they become a regular feature in football?
Italy and Germany will have to be on their best behaviour when they face each other in an international friendly on Tuesday.
Both sets of players go into the tie knowing that video replays will be in use to determine what action the on-field referee should take.
But what does it mean for the game and how will the system be used? Sportsmail asks the pertinent questions.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Was Thomas Muller right to have a pop at San Marino... or... Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo giving FIFA a World Cup... Greece FA apologise to Bosnia-Herzegovina after 'fascist'... Gareth... read more
- 13:42 Graham Gooch predicts ‘tough’ Ashes campaign for England captain...
- 13:42 Ryanair BEGS pilots to join airline with 20 per cent pay rise and...
- 13:42 Nativity! The Musical set for world premiere - but it's in...
- 13:41 Serena Williams may not play Australian Open, Maria Sharapova can...
- 13:40 Festival No 6 reveals first headline act for 2018
- 13:39 Jim White breaks his Celtic scarf vow and fans aren't happy about it
- 13:39 Hollywood stars descend on Ellesmere Port for new movie
- 13:38 North Lincolnshire health chief set to step down
- 13:38 Cathedral organist to end concert season
- 13:38 Sparks will fly!
- 13:38 City boxer jailed over break ins at home of ex and her new partner
- 13:38 Buxton mountain rescue stalwarts honoured for long service
- 13:37 Gazza, Coutinho and Lukaku - 10 huge names Aston Villa tried to sign
- 13:37 Meet more of Liverpool's hairiest babies
- 13:37 Coleen Rooney goes on holiday number seven - 'without Wayne'
- 13:37 Woman found dead at house in Kirkby - updates
- 13:37 Meet the medic starring in new series of hit BBC TV show Junior...
- 13:36 Game of Thrones star Kit Harington proud to claim Gunpowder drama...
- 13:36 Hare coursers sighted in South Holland
- 13:35 Watch spectacular shooting stars as Earth passes through Halley's...
- 13:35 Chelsea news: Cesar Azpilicueta reveals Blues’ morale is at rock...
- 13:35 Real Madrid news: Karim Benzema’s agent issues Arsenal transfer...
- 13:34 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:34 Could pole dancing soon become an Olympic sport?
- 13:34 Winds of 70mph predicted as Storm Brian expected to sweep in this...
- 13:33 What happens when we die? Study says we might still know what's...
- 13:33 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:33 Employment gap closes in on East Midlands
- 13:33 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:33 Police hunt for vehicle used in three Notts crimes